Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will you think if Mayweather takes another superior opponent to Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yevskiy426 View Post
    You said Manny like most fighters likes in-house fights pretty much taking a shot at him yet the fighter you like does the same thing.

I mean how can you talk ***** about a fighter doing something when your fighter does the same thing
    Read it again.
    Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    I never said Floyd doesn't like to fight in-house.

The difference between me and you guys is that I'm not naive about what a fighter does just because I'm a fan of his. manny still prefers to fight Top Rank fighters despite what Floyd does.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      manny isn't always about making the fights everyone would be interested in seeing. They wanted no part of Mosley according to roach, so let's not pretend they did. manny vs mosley would have been a better fight than manny vs clottey, and manny vs williams would be better than manny vs marg. He's generally choosing Top Rank guys over the guys everyone wants to see him fight. manny just like most boxers likes to fight in-house.
      Hey! Hey! Don't you dare criticize Manny "the god" Pacquaio. Manny fights for his fans! He is all about giving the fans what they want, according to Manny. And we all know that every boxing fan wants to see him fight Margarito instead of Paul Williams, Mosley, Berto, Timothy Bradley, Devon Alexander or Sergio Martinez."peeleft:

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
        The best should fight the best I always say. Him fighting an Andre Berto or Miguel Cotto is something Floyd SHOULD be doing if he wants to be considered the best along with or above Manny.

To Manny's credit, he's fought (or about to fight) 2 fighters Floyd early on in his career seemingly never wanted to fight, and he already murked one of them in Cotto. I think if not Pacquiao, fight Berto. Two undefeated Welterweights for the WBC crown. I'd watch that fight.
        That is the perception, but this is the reality...

Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.

"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2420382

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          Are you too stupid to remember than Manny agreed to everything Floyd asked and it was Floyd who ran from the fight? Manny took his next best money option and that is Margarito its as simple as that, stop looking into things like Manny is ducking. You make the most money possible if you can't get Floyd you get the next best thing, you may not like his choice but its the most logical one. Besides, Manny hasn't beat up on a mexican since Oscar I'm sure he misses the feeling.
          Where is your proof that he agreed to everything?
          thats what I thought
          you dont have it

Comment

Margarito has beaten the top guys at 147 and lost to an elite in SSM. Bertos best win is against Collazo so how is that a better fight than Marg at 150? The only fights out there for Mayweather that are bigger than the Marg fight is Martinez or Williams thats it.

Comment

Fact!

Both Manny and Floyd are cherry pickers

Comment

Originally posted by yevskiy426 View Post
                You mean like Floyd?

And Floyd wanted to fight Mosley?

There was a time to face mosley and it wasnt 2010 when Shane was 38 and 10 years removed from being the #1 P4P fighter
                You are right. The time to fight Mosley was in 1999 when Mayweather was at 130 and Mosley was at 135, but Mosley turned the fight down. The other time to take on Mosley was in 2006 when Mosley was only 34 and still closer to his prime, but Mosley turned that fight down because he had a ****ing toothache and wanted to go on vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                  Margarito has beaten the top guys at 147 and lost to an elite in SSM. Bertos best win is against Collazo so how is that a better fight than Marg at 150? The only fights out there for Mayweather that are bigger than the Marg fight is Martinez or Williams thats it.
                  its better for this
                  Berto has speed and POP

where margs is slow and with unloaded gloves

Comment

You are stupid. I just said Manny went for the best money option, Williams, Berto, Martinez, Bradley, Alexander have never even had a ****in.g fight on PPV. They aren't mexican and do not have a bigger fan base than Margarito, I said he follows the money just like Floyd. If that means in house so be it.
                    Buddy, be serious. Relatively unknown TIMOTHY BRADLEY was beating marg in a who would you like to see manny fight next on the official Top Rank website poll. There's even a small boycott of manny's next fight happening due to how little people care for marg.

Comment

You are stupid. I just said Manny went for the best money option, Williams, Berto, Martinez, Bradley, Alexander have never even had a ****in.g fight on PPV. They aren't mexican and do not have a bigger fan base than Margarito, I said he follows the money just like Floyd. If that means in house so be it.

As for the guy who asked what Manny agreed to I don't care. I'm sure it was the 14 day thing but Floyd didn't even acknowledge that much. He can't even say Manny's name when he does interviews, I think if he did he may very well **** himself.
                      margarito had fights on ppv but did margarito ever carry a ppv?

i ask what manny agree to but if you don't know or dont care then why are you talking about it? if you are sure it was 14 days i just ask for a link. why does that get u upset?

Comment

Working...
                      X