Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev V Andre Ward is NO WHERE NEAR a 50 50 fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Ward will frustrate the hell outta Kovalev, be stronger on the inside and win an ugly decision. I feel the fight is 60/40 in favour of Ward,
    Dont be dumb, Ward is doing nothing to Kovalev on the inside but getting his head kicked in. Ward can beat Kovalev but he will do it with movement and not letting Kovalev get set. He sits on the inside with him he will get beat to death.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... Chilemba is a Duva's fighter... Didn't you know that? Fuck, man...
      I didnt know that, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
        I didnt know that, lol
        That's why I chose to sit back and watch the whole 'excitement' around here...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          That's why I chose to sit back and watch the whole 'excitement' around here...
          I dont know there was really any excitement for this fight. I think most people thought Kovalev would knock this cat out but knock outs depend on your opponent and like I said, this dude came to win. The funny thing to me is the people that think this guy won.

Comment

I fancy Ward. He looked a bit one-handed in the last fight, other than that I think he is still a class act. His game is very tight. I think there are more gaps in Kovalev's.

Comment

Dont be dumb, Ward is doing nothing to Kovalev on the inside but getting his head kicked in. Ward can beat Kovalev but he will do it with movement and not letting Kovalev get set. He sits on the inside with him he will get beat to death.
              What inside game does Kovalev have? Ward is far better. He may choose to crowd the heck outta Krusher, not allowing him to get the distance and leverage on his shots. You step to punchers, you don't let them get the room they need to put power behind their punches

Comment

Ill be in the minority here but I saw kovalev working on out boxing a guy who is defensive tonight. I think he thought eventually he would catch up to him and stop him but he did what he wanted to. I think 12 rounds with this guy helps him. To be honest I dont think Ward needs another fight before he fights Kovalev but it is going to happen. He is never going to better than he is now wqhich is pretty fukin good.

Comment

I dont know there was really any excitement for this fight. I think most people thought Kovalev would knock this cat out but knock outs depend on your opponent and like I said, this dude came to win. The funny thing to me is the people that think this guy won.
                  ... no way, man... Kovalev had him "out" in the 7th, but (instead) "preferred" to stop stalking him...

Comment

saw the chiliemba fight last night. that guy can fight, and was a terrific opponent to prepare kovalev for andre ward and keep him sharp.

wish i could say the sae about brand. barrera was big enough, good enough, to go 12 and make ward work, but the guy wasn't very experienced at this level and didn't have the tricks to do anything other htan make ward work. chilemba was a puzzl e that kovlaev had to solve, and he did.

i still think ward's going to have toruble on the cards because of activity. we'll see if he can get kovalev to slow his roll enough to win on points.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      What inside game does Kovalev have? Ward is far better. He may choose to crowd the heck outta Krusher, not allowing him to get the distance and leverage on his shots. You step to punchers, you don't let them get the room they need to put power behind their punches
                      He has some nice short shots when people get close not to mention the feints he uses when his opponent is getting close that keeps their hands inside and tight instead of throwing. The knock down in the 7th round tonight was set up by a body shot and it was an inside shot. Now if you mean inside in terms of laying on a guys chest, no he doesnt do that but he isnt going to allow anyone to do that. Its a misnomer that he can only fight at range. he controlled this guy from long and mid range. these euro guys arent going to lay on your chest and bang but that doesnt mean they dont have inside game.

Comment

Working...
                      X