Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Real, Floyd Mayweather Would've Beaten Sugar Ray Robinson If They Fought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
    Mayweather appears thicker because he's able to add more muscle due to the practice of same-day weigh-ins no longer being in place. Robinson would appear closer to his middleweight body at WW fighting under today's rules.

Makes sense. I totally forgot about the rule change. I don't know about the muscle part but adding more weight makes sense.

Even then, it's not exactly easy to bully Mayweather around, his pocket fighting and strength is very good.

Comment

I got Robinson.

Comment

I like how the 3 people that voted Floyd have never come into BH before, have you ever even seen footage of Robinson at WW before ?.

Comment

I hate it when people downplay too much the modern fighters, because of the love of the past favorite fighters. Boxing fans who have been watching it for 3-4 decades already barely accepts that the newer fighters can be as good sometimes better as the past boxers. However this time it's pretty obvious that the past boxer is absolutely better than the current.

SRR wins this one w/ authority.

Comment

What welterweight in his prime did Mayweather beat that gave the TS the idea he would stand a chance against Robinson. Actually the only Sugar Ray I'd give Floyd a chance against is Seales.

Kids these days!

Comment

So you claim. But I'll just say the sport has evolved, I truly think, the technical level is much greater today then back then.
              moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

The display of ignorance in this thread is disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
                  So you claim. But I'll just say the sport has evolved, I truly think, the technical level is much greater today then back then.
                  I think it is as well, I honestly feel just as in every other sport the athletes of today are better conditioned, and better trained with better technique, but they lack the strength of the old time favorites. The old days were a test as in survival was hard for most people.

Just like in the nfl, players would play with broken fingers without cortisone shots etc. THEY WERE JUST TOUGHER, AND DID A LOT MORE FOR LESS, SO YOU GOTTA LOVE EM.

I think floyd could hold his own though IMO.

We need a time machine to settle all this madness. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                    The display of ignorance in this thread is disgusting.
                    Yeah, ******ation is a given when the drones from NSB come trickling into Boxing History. Typical fan-boi logic at work: Favorite active fighter = best fighter ever. Floyd beats a well past-it 38 year old Shane = Hagler beating Hearns. It's typical.

Poet

Comment

would be intresting to see how ray would break floyds defense, id pick ray to win simply because i dont think floyd has the power to back ray up and potshotting just isnt enough against someone like robinson

Comment

Working...
                      X