Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jermaine "Bad Intentions" Taylor .. Future ATG? Future HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should go in HOF AS PROOF OF A BULL**** FIGHTER THAT THEY TRIED TO MANIPULATE INTO A STAR! yOU CANNOT MANUFACTURE FIGHTERS. His biggest wins and draws to keep his title were robberies in B Hop rematch and the Winky fight. Never rated this bum. Why the establishment liked the countryboy *** is beyond me! They never should have helped him get them 2 robberies as eventually they all get found out. Bloody hell, he got KO'd by a goat.

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
      i could see him coming back and beating pavlik somewhere down the line
      which would set up a 4th fight, which is great for boxing.

i dont think he should stick strictly to super middle, there are still some names at 160 that could be dealt with, esp if someone like paul williams moved up.

he has the skills, now we will see if he has the drive. lacy was a solid win, great fight to come back on. regardless of what you think of lacy, hes still a dangerous opponent to take, and i like when fighters come back facing legit competition.

question now is, whos next for taylor?

pascal if he can box nicely and win.. that would be easy for Taylor.

Paul williams I think gets knocked out by taylor... I just don't think he takes the power of taylor at 160... if taylor makes 160 he'll be 170 the night of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
        He should go in HOF AS PROOF OF A BULL**** FIGHTER THAT THEY TRIED TO MANIPULATE INTO A STAR! yOU CANNOT MANUFACTURE FIGHTERS. His biggest wins and draws to keep his title were robberies in B Hop rematch and the Winky fight. Never rated this bum. Why the establishment liked the countryboy *** is beyond me! They never should have helped him get them 2 robberies as eventually they all get found out. Bloody hell, he got KO'd by a goat.
        Hmmmm.... Thats the only reason I aske dthis question....

Because even though your post makes me mad.. I can not deny he has gotten a the holidays switched to Christmas no matter the time of year during fights.

I hope he makes it to ATG and HOF.. I like the guy.. Just wanted to know what some of you guys thought it would take to get there for him.

Thats the question you didn't answer though... So?

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
          Hmmmm.... Thats the only reason I aske dthis question....

Because even though your post makes me mad.. I can not deny he has gotten a the holidays switched to Christmas no matter the time of year during fights.

I hope he makes it to ATG and HOF.. I like the guy.. Just wanted to know what some of you guys thought it would take to get there for him.

Thats the question you didn't answer though... So?
          I like Taylor too. I think he'll be worty of the HOF if he picks up a couple of belts at SMW. If he wants to be an ATG he'll have to keep the title for a number of years and get a meaningful win at 175.

Comment

He's had some tough fights over the years since the Hopkins wins, but the 2 losses to Pavlik will seriously damage any chance of a HOF slot.

If he can somehow unify the titles at 168 (beating the likes of Kessler/Bute/Froch etc) then i'm sure he could stand a chance. The thing with Taylor is, i'm not so sure he has enough will-power to stay around for a few more years, so my answer at the moment is a no.

Comment

I give him credit for fighting everybody he just doesn't always use his skills like he should.

I think that's what will prevent him from being great. Very good at times, but I see him losing the big ones from here on out.

Comment

Also, i'm not sure where you were going with the Ken Norton issue, but he was one of my favourite Heavyweights of all-time, it's just such a shame he never legitimately won a World title. With the Ali trilogy, i had him beating Ali in the 1st and 3rd fight, with Ali edging the 2nd. Although not the most exciting fights, every single one was so close, that it's hard to choose a clear winner, so it's hardly a crime if anybody had Norton winning the third fight.

Taking Holmes to a split decision was an achievement itself, considering it took another 7 years before somebody actually beat him, and he held good wins over Quarry and Young.

It's just a shame he was blown away by Shavers and Foreman so quickly.

Comment

Working...
                X