No announcement yet.

Best Mexican Fighter of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    lol ricardo lopez never beat anybody truly great.

sanchez despite his short career beat far better fighters than ricardo lopez.

stop pretending to know history.

your history starts and ends with floyd.
    every fighter didnt have another ATG on their level to compete against....larry holmes didnt either....nor did WLAD, Carlos Monzon(there were no other atg middleweights in his era)...the list goes on

longevity and dominance matters as well

if you dont watch strawweights, flyweights you wouldnt know who is better than who

Lopez beat some very good fighters....saman saturoung, Zolani Tete, Rosendo Alvavez

how about this....take your tampon off and be a man....i dont agree with you, get over it

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      every fighter didnt have another ATG on their level to compete against....larry holmes didnt either....nor did WLAD, Carlos Monzon(there were no other atg middleweights in his era)...the list goes on

if you dont watch strawweights, flyweights you wouldnt know who is better than who

Lopez beat some very good fighters....saman saturoung, Zolani Tete, Rosendo Alvavez

how about this....take your tampon off and be a man....i dont agree with you, get over it
      LOL, says the man who finds every way imaginable to discredit GGG......how many fights above 105 did Lopez have again???and at what stage of his career.....

This posters on NSB today are the worst bunch ever...

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
        LOL, says the man who finds every way imaginable to discredit GGG......how many fights above 105 did Lopez have again???and at what stage of his career.....

This posters on NSB today are the worst bunch ever...
        bruh....are you serious...get out of your feelings and look at the facts

he fought 3 times over 105..He won the IBF 108....all 3 of his opponents were former/future world champions....you know, the same amount GGG fought in his entire career.....face it budddy GGG doesnt take risks

Monzon fought all time great former welterweights.....Jose Napoles and emile griffith( who actually won titles at 154 as well and 160 against hall of famer nino benvenuti) are all time great welterweights top ten at that

Brook has one win over a top ten opponent in his entire career. GGG is a hyped titleholder, who has 2 belt he didnt even fight for.

GGG couldnt carry Monzons, Lopez of larry holmes jock strap

GGG hasnt fought anyone elite in his own era, let alone someone considered great or an all time great...it would be nice if he fought somone in the top 5 at 154-168 let alone a great one.

is GGG the only fighter you know?

Comment

I didn't realize Lopez was still active and fought and beat Zolani Tete. Impressive for an older fighter.
          But seriously, I am pretty sure you made a mistake there.

Comment

would love to give it to Salvador Sanchez but his career was cut short, so I have to give it to victor Ortiz!!!!!! jk Julio Chavez sr... I remember growing up in east Oakland chilling with my brown brothers watching him fight those were some great times!!!! Ricardo Lopez was great as well, Michael Carbrajal was one of my favs too

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
              I didn't realize Lopez was still active and fought and beat Zolani Tete. Impressive for an older fighter.
              But seriously, I am pretty sure you made a mistake there.
              Zolani Petelo....typo

He was a good fighter in his day...105-112 was deep in the 90s and early 2000s, they just didnt get televised.

Comment

Zolani Petelo....typo

He was a good fighter in his day...105-112 was deep in the 90s and early 2000s, they just didnt get televised.
                I know who you meant, just wanted to give you a hard time.
                We all make typos.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                  I know who you meant, just wanted to give you a hard time.
                  We all make typos.
                  it happens....

I picked Lopez but I always go back and forth Manuel Ortiz deserves a mention so do Morales and JMM( he may have the biggest single win in mexican boxing history)

Personally I think Julio Cesar Chavez gets overrated because of the win streak. He clearly lost to whitaker and was lucky not to lose vs Taylor. His fights with Juan Laporte and Rocky Lockridge were close too. Add in the fact he was 60+ fights in fighting guys guys with losing records and guys with less than 10 fights

Comment

isnt that what i just did?

you posted an opinion, i refuted that said opinion with my own opinion.

you're the one with the butt responses.

and whose fault is it that they didnt beat any bona fide ATGs and hall of famers?

RICARDO LOPEZ.

he could have gone up in weight. he certainly had the talent, the body type to go higher. he could have fought carbajal, chiquita gonzalez, galaxy the likes....

instead he hid in rawandan genocide weight.

feasting on midget scrubs instead of challenging his talent and going for greater legacy and pay day in the higher weights.

like i said,

stop pretending to be some historically knowledgeable boxing poster.

stop pretending.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post

isnt that what i just did?

you posted an opinion, i refuted that said opinion with my own opinion.

you're the one with the butt responses.

and whose fault is it that they didnt beat any bona fide ATGs and hall of famers?

RICARDO LOPEZ.

he could have gone up in weight. he certainly had the talent, the body type to go higher. he could have fought carbajal, chiquita gonzalez, galaxy the likes....

instead he hid in rawandan genocide weight.

feasting on midget scrubs instead of challenging his talent and going for greater legacy and pay day in the higher weights.

like i said,

stop pretending to be some historically knowledgeable boxing poster.

stop pretending.
                      he went up in weight idiot....he won the ibf at 108 and at the weight he fought 3 champions...you know the same amount GGG fought in his entire career.

you dont choose what era you fight in, and all the best fighters near the same size dont always fight

do you hold it against hearns and Duran that they didnt fight Mike McCallum who was a titlist at 154-160 when they were active? I think he was also one of their mandatories or something to that nature.

Do you hold it against Ray Robinson that he fought Lamotta 5x but not charley burley, holman williams, cocoa kid? the only great welterweight he fought was kid gavilan and gavilan wasnt even in his prime. He never beat a prime all time great @ 147 BUT is considered by many as the greatest of all time because of his longevity and dominance at 147..he was undefeated there.

the list goes on bro...you make yourself look foolish

Comment

Working...
                      X