Collapse
No announcement yet.

If The Klitschkos Were 6'2 They'd Be At Best Average

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Vitali and Wladimir were smaller they'd be faster, so they could have still been just as dominant

Comment

Originally posted by Curtiz View Post
      I don't think its a coincidence the klits are viewed in this way.

They don't explode like athletes, have good footwork or balance.

They often look amateurish when in trouble.

These are the obvious things that make me doubt them, what skills do they possess really?

Floyd mayweather : Shoulder Roll/ Adaptability/Footwork

Do you really count a long stiff jab as a skill? Obviously he has basic skills but basic doesnt make you great....just good.
      Vitali and Wladimir are very athletic, also they are very skilled

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
        this has been pointed out by several boxing scribes.
        there skills are unremarkable. its all about size advantage nothing else.
        Hes 100% right... u cant compare speed and power and stuff because size is regulated until you hit heavyweight.. and i don't agree with that.. If their was more people boxing there would be higher weight classes made.

Size does not become a factor till the heavyweight division.

That aside i still respect the K's but not as much as some think i should.

Comment

But who cares?

The reality is that they are big, and they're not getting any smaller.

Someone needs to come into the ring with world class skills and a master plan to take them out.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
              don't agree with you guys. but i might be misunderstood because of my semantics. you see i don't think the K bro's are that skilled of boxers.
              superflo i see tyson with his style and heart and skills beating his way to the top whether at 147 or 168 what ever.
              with the klitschkos there skill set is unremarkable its all about size.
              Fair enough. Everyone certainly has a right to their own opinion, but I would have to respectfully disagree in that I feel both boxers are skilled beyond their size. Both boxers have excellent power and Vitali’s defense (in particular his ability to parry) is good. I also feel Wlad has one of the best jabs in heavyweight history and is incredibly accurate with his punches.

Comment

I just counted Lennox Lewis ENTIRE competion & out of 44 fights I only see about 10 to 12 fighters that you can honestly state are more accomplished than Tony Thompson. Both bros have faced slightly better than Tony Thompson on occasion... Wlad probably 7 or 8 times has faced more accomplished heavyweights & Vitali perhaps 5 or 6 times. This means fighters who are clearly better than a Tony THompson.

Lewis has fought this type of caliber of opposition about 32 to 34 times. This makes up around 75% of his competition. If we were to do Louis.. Marciano.. you'd get the same thing.. Foreman has been in 70 plus fights.. he's probably faced 50 Tony Thompsons.. Ali & Holyfield are probably the ONLY ones who have faced less Tony Thompson's than Lewis.... but I KEEP telling you.. there's ONLY a 5 to 10 fight difference at BEST hERE with all the alltime greats of the past... 5 to 10 fights out of 50 - 60 fights all the greats have fought.

The comp disparity is minimal & NOT what everyone makes it out to be as the majority of comp is 75 to 80% equal for all the great heavies.... it's made out to be only 25-30% at best by all the haters when it's not.. so because Lewis faced 5 or 6 better or more qualified than a Tony Thompson as compared to either bro..... this is enough of a difference for everyone to say Lewis' comp was way more superior?

That's absurd as 75% of the time Lewis faced a Thompson or lower... if Vitali HAS FACED a TT or lower 85% of the time & Wlad has faced the caleber of TT or less 80% OF THE time.. how is Lewis that much more superior in quality of opposition? The answer is he isn't that much more superior & it's only a slight edge with half of those quality names being in the close to mid 30's & not at there peak when Lewis faced them.
                Last edited by jimmy1569; 07-08-2012, 11:27 PM.

Comment

I can't wait to be on these forums after the Klitschkos retire and everyone craps on the future HWs saying "these guys are bums, Wlad would have destroyed this guy."

Comment

That's like saying taking away Hearn's height and reach, Roy Jones' speed and athleticism and they'd be nothing special either. Like the proverbial question, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Nonsense thread, there have been plenty of bigger, longer, more athetlic heavyweights than the Klits
                    Last edited by Fighting Pride; 07-08-2012, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Height:

Julius Long 7'1"
                      Marcellus Brown 7'0"
                      Tyson Fury 6'9"
                      David Price 6'8"
                      Richard Towers 6'8"
                      Mariusz Wach 6'7.5"
                      Deontay Wilder 6'7"
                      Michael Grant 6'7"
                      Alexander Dimitrenko 6'7"
                      Robert Helenius 6'6.5"