Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great fight last night, but haters gonna hate!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great fight last night, but haters gonna hate!

There are some real haters on NSB for sure. When a guy who everybody including myself thought was going to get KTFO, pulls off an upset and KTFO a top fighter in his div we should all give that fighter some respect. Instead we have armchair warriors talking a beautiful fight down. Angulo wasn't some bum he was a top competitor whom many in his division have been ducking for a long time and Kirkland beat him at his own game. Even now I still think El Perro beats everybody in the div besides Sergio Martinez. Even now I wouldn't bet on Kirkland in the rematch. This was a good fight plain and simple stop acting like a b.it.ch and give Kirkland a little respect. I bet you Ishada ain't trying to see a rematch? Let's see a 154 tourney IMO.

Below I posted the fight for the late people:

Last edited by Boxingtech718v2; 11-06-2011, 12:21 PM.

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
    There are some real haters on NSB for sure. When a guy who everybody including myself thought was going to get KTFO, pulls off an upset and KTFO a top fighter in his div we should all give that fighter some respect. Instead we have armchair warriors talking a beautiful fight down. Angulo wasn't some bum he was a top competitor whom many in his division have been ducking for a long time and Kirkland beat him at his own game. Even now I still think El Perro beats everybody in the div besides Sergio Martinez. Even now I wouldn't bet on Kirkland in the rematch. This was a good fight plain and simple stop acting like a b.it.ch and give Kirkland a little respect. I bet you Ishada ain't trying to see a rematch? Let's see a 154 tourney IMO.

My dad told me to chill the hell out yesterday when he came running to the living room aasking me why the hell I was shouting so loud when Kirkland dropped Angulo in the first. Man, I was pumped after that first round!

I mean, we anticipated a war, but it's rare for a fight to ACTUALLY live up to its expectations. This one certainly did...and then some.

...and I don't wanna' get my brothers mad at me, but it was like Cotto-Margarito I. A highly anticipated war with the underdog prevailing and leaving everyone with their jaws open.

SIDENOTE: Kirkland hit Angulo so hard that he converted Max Kellerman into a Christian (he's actually an atheist) and when Angulo got rocked, he went: "OOOOH MY GOD!!!"

And then right before the interview with Kirkland: "Oh, my God...what just happened?!"

LMFAO!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
      My dad told me to chill the hell out yesterday when he came running to the living room aasking me why the hell I was shouting so loud when Kirkland dropped Angulo in the first. Man, I was pumped after that first round!

I mean, we anticipated a war, but it's rare for a fight to ACTUALLY live up to its expectations. This one certainly did...and then some.

...and I don't wanna' get my brothers mad at me, but it was like Cotto-Margarito I. A highly anticipated war with the underdog prevailing and leaving everyone with their jaws open.

SIDENOTE: Kirkland hit Angulo so hard that he converted Max Kellerman into a Christian (he's actually an atheist) and when Angulo got rocked, he went: "OOOOH MY GOD!!!"

And then right before the interview with Kirkland: "Oh, my God...what just happened?!"

LMFAO!!!!!
      LOL, yeah Max was beside himself with his hype. Roy Jones commentary was on point he was quick to point out when El Perro tuckered himself out. He pointed out correctly that Kirkland wasn't as hurt as thought by the KD. He was just spot on the whole night. Roy needs to stick to announcing and leave the boxing alone. I enjoyed last night so much and If I could, I would demand a refund back from Mayweather/Ortiz and give it to Kirkland/Angulo.

Alos does anybody else think Kellerman has herpes? His lips look real red and blistered.

Comment

When Kirkland went down in the first, I was feeling pretty good about my prediction. But Kirkland was a goddamn animal, and I was completely wrong. Major props for who he beat, how he did it, and where he went to do it. I'm not hating on this win at all.

Comment

James Kirkland deserves full credit for the win. No doubt about it.

He took a very tough fight and got up off the floor to beat him in his backyard. You have to respect that.

And to be honest, before the fight, I expected Angulo to knock him out.

When Angulo landed that shot, I was certain Kirkland was getting knocked out.

It was a great win for him.

Comment

Below I posted the fight for the late people:

I totally agree with you. Some ppl here were saying that ODLH and GBP were just cashing out on Kirkland cause his disaster with Ishida.

Kirkland took the fight and went were Angulo was at and came in at beast mode. That is how you climb into stardom in taking fights most ppl will bet against you.

Great fight and wouldn't mind seeing it again. I still think Angulo would beat most 154 pounders, he is still a solid pressure fighter.

Comment

Last night, we were blessed with a great fight that too often is never made because of boxing politics.

Comment

LOL, yeah Max was beside himself with his hype. Roy Jones commentary was on point he was quick to point out when El Perro tuckered himself out. He pointed out correctly that Kirkland wasn't as hurt as thought by the KD. He was just spot on the whole night. Roy needs to stick to announcing and leave the boxing alone. I enjoyed last night so much and If I could, I would demand a refund back from Mayweather/Ortiz and give it to Kirkland/Angulo.

Alos does anybody else think Kellerman has herpes? His lips look real red and blistered.
                This statement is THE TRUTH!

Besides that, I'm still hyped about the Kirkland vs Angulo fight.

Also, good point about Roy Jones Jr. being a good analyst. He is on the verge of becoming one of the best announcers out there. Props to him.
                Roy Jones Jr. should stick on announcing. I think the Lampley, Roy Jones, and Kellerman trio are a great mix. Big Popa is also a good mix with Jones and Kellerman.

Roy Jones, Kellerman, and Lampley gave great commentaries plague with a lot of problems. They didn't dwell on the problems but on the fight. Way to show professionalism and love for boxing for those guys.

I think Ortiz vs Berto I, Kirkland vs Angulo, Donaire vs Montiel, Rios vs Acosta/Antillon, and DeMarco vs Linares are great fights that I remember fondly this year.

Comment

Roy Jones is my favorite commentator, anyone who ever doubted his knowledge when he was a fighter can't possibly doubt his smarts when you hear him call fights.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Roy Jones is my favorite commentator, anyone who ever doubted his knowledge when he was a fighter can't possibly doubt his smarts when you hear him call fights.
                    I'm not doubting that man at all he is a reservoir of boxing knowledge. Besides a lot of these old past prime announcers are annoying with their heavy breathing between sentences. I think it's time for Merchant and company to retire and let the young guys like Kellerman and Jones hold it down.

Comment

Working...
                    X