Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Cotto finally taking his training seriously?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a great pic and he's wearing a shirt. He's always taken his training seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Not a great pic and he's wearing a shirt. He's always taken his training seriously.
      C'mon dude...lets be honest. Cotto hasn't gone balls to the wall in camp since he left Evangelista. That said it looks like he might be now.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
        Is it just me? Maybe the angle of the pic? But in this frame Cotto looks fit enough to go back to 147, no? Is it possible that the move to Roach/Wild Card is going to pay off? Obviously time will tell but he looks solid in this pic he tweeted.

@RealMiguelCotto: #Reloaded 10.05 @AmwayCenter @FreddieRoach @HBOboxing @trboxing @trboxeo http://t.co/YgMCES38bn
        He's always trained hard...he just wasn't better than pacquiao or mayweather.

Comment

Well Cotto knows that if he loses to Delvin Rodriguez, it's basically over. Having said that, I don't want to say a champion of his caliber hasn't taken training seriously before. In fact, that notion is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
            He's always trained hard...he just wasn't better than pacquiao or mayweather.
            You are correct that he isn't better than Manny nor Floyd. But it's patently false that he's gone 100% at camp. One of the reasons Miguel and Evangelista didn't work is because his uncle consistently made it uncomfortable for Miguel in camp. Cotto would get to the weigh-in salty as *****. Once he dumped uncle Evangelista he started to camp in Central Florida and called all the shots and started campaigning at a more comfortable weight. Look, I'm a Cotto fan (no reason to disparage him) and I can admit and accept he (although a consummate professional) simply doesn't go 100% in camp. Not since he started swapping trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
              C'mon dude...lets be honest. Cotto hasn't gone balls to the wall in camp since he left Evangelista. That said it looks like he might be now.
              I can say he doesn't like to be pushed in camp and yelled at, he's said that in 24/7, so more could be done if that's what you're implying.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                I can say he doesn't like to be pushed in camp and yelled at, he's said that in 24/7, so more could be done if that's what you're implying.
                Thank you. You absolutely put it better than I did.

Comment

I want to see the relentless body puncher come back. I hope he's still in there somewhere.

Comment

Hope he wins his next fight

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
                      I want to see the relentless body puncher come back. I hope he's still in there somewhere.
                      So glad someone else is calling him King Cotto

Comment

Working...
                      X