Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Valuev Rips Atlas, Says He Dumped Povetkin For Money!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anton LaVey View Post
    So says Teddy.
    So says Teddy?

It's been well known from the outset of their partnership that the contract required Povetkin to train in the US.

Basically Povetkin is not a real man as he doesn't believe in standing behind and honoring his word.

It takes a lot of nerve to expect Atlas to react any differently than he did.

All of the Ruskies here place the blame for all of Povetkin's failures at Atlas' feet, it's actually quite pathetic.

If he were to get knocked out by Huck this weekend with a Russian trainer in his corner they will still blame Teddy for the loss.

Comment

It was in their contract. Valuev is an idiot. Teddy said espn is his job. He gave up lots of money. He was getting 10% of povetkins purses. Sasha didn't want to honor their working contract so atlas said see you later & left lots of money on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        What weekly boxing show are Steward ans Roach committed to?
        Atlas does NOT work 50 plus FNF shows a year!! Atlas is supposedly a boxing trainer who is much younger than Steward and around the same age as Roach (who suffers from Parkinsons). If Atlas is a trainer first, then he should negotiate his ESPN contract where training supersedes broadcasting. Simple as that. He is clearly turning his back on Povetkin and did the same for his last fight while despicably proclaiming what an honorable man he is by coming in the last minute to "help" Povetkin out. Helping him? He's his effin trainer, FFS!!

By the way, Steward has worked HBO Championship, BAD and HBO PPV fights for many years now!! And Freddie is working on Epix three weeks in a row this month calling the heavyweight fights. Did I mention he has Parkinsons?

Comment

Originally posted by adp023 View Post
          Atlas does NOT work 50 plus FNF shows a year!! Atlas is supposedly a boxing trainer who is much younger than Steward and around the same age as Roach (who suffers from Parkinsons). If Atlas is a trainer first, then he should negotiate his ESPN contract where training supersedes broadcasting. Simple as that. He is clearly turning his back on Povetkin and did the same for his last fight while despicably proclaiming what an honorable man he is by coming in the last minute to "help" Povetkin out. Helping him? He's his effin trainer, FFS!!

By the way, Steward has worked HBO Championship, BAD and HBO PPV fights for many years now!! And Freddie is working on Epix three weeks in a row this month calling the heavyweight fights. Did I mention he has Parkinsons?
          The way I hear it is that Atlas has said he's an ESPN commentator first, and he takes that very seriously. Hey, if it's important to him, it's important to him. I also heard that if he had to train Povetkin and do his ESPN gig, he would have had to take weekly flights to and from Russia and that's hell on anyone's schedule no matter who.

Comment

Teddy Atlas would rather spend his friday nights @ Indian Reservations watching bums fight infront of 600 people live on ESPN2 than train a boxer with a HW strap.

Teddy Atlas is a psycho, his brother is in jail for killing people, shot their Granma, Teddy carries guns and threatens people including promoters and ESPN staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
              Teddy Atlas is a psycho, his brother is in jail for killing people, shot their Granma, Teddy carries guns and threatens people including promoters and ESPN staff.
              And George Foreman

Comment

On another note, Valuev seems to get quoted more on this site than any other former fake paper "champion." Sure wish he'd have the balls to fight one of the K brothers instead of always talking about everybody else's fight.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                  The way I hear it is that Atlas has said he's an ESPN commentator first, and he takes that very seriously. Hey, if it's important to him, it's important to him. I also heard that if he had to train Povetkin and do his ESPN gig, he would have had to take weekly flights to and from Russia and that's hell on anyone's schedule no matter who.
                  I have no problems with what you said. I find it sad and pathetic that Teddy Atlas is now pretending to be a trainer while at the same time going on air how telling us how honorable he is to the sport of boxing. The boxer/trainer relationship is probably the most important relationship in all of sports. A trainer literally has his fighter's life in his hands.

If Teddy needs to put broadcasting first and hide behind a contract, then Povetkin needs to find a new trainer. Teddy should've know better than to force a young fighter to bend over and accept terms that limit his development. He should've said from the beginning, "Listen, I'm no longer a trainer, I'm a broadcaster. But if you want, I can be a consultant". That would have been honorable.

Comment

Originally posted by adp023 View Post

FNF isn't on 50 times a year, but I'd bet Atlas is contractually obligated to work most of them. And neither Steward or Roach commentates nearly as many shows. Until you can show proof to the contrary your argument holds no water. Povetkin was aware of these obligations from the beginning. If he wanted Atlas to train him he would have made the proper arrangements. He chose to train in Russia without him, that's the bottom line. And you using Roach's Parkinson's is a pathetic argument when Roach himself makes no qualms about his disability.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      FNF isn't on 50 times a year, but I'd bet Atlas is contractually obligated to work most of them. And neither Steward or Roach commentates nearly as many shows. Until you can show proof to the contrary your argument holds no water. Povetkin was aware of these obligations from the beginning. If he wanted Atlas to train him he would have made the proper arrangements. He chose to train in Russia without him, that's the bottom line. And you using Roach's Parkinson's is a pathetic argument when Roach himself makes no qualms about his disability.
                      Freddie Roach is more of an honorable man than Teddy Atlas will ever be! And I never argued that Steward and Roach work more shows per year than Atlas. They are real trainers that put training first. You wanna hide behind contracts like Teddy Atlas when a fighter's life is literally in his hands?? Then you're not seeing the big picture. Trainers are supposed to protect their fighters..even from themselves and good ones protect them from the greedy side of the sport. Obviously, you don't realize this...which is why you are arguing for Atlas and his contracts that put his ESPN job first and end up screwing his fighters! So Povetkin is dumb enough to sign a contract that restricts him to be trained only in the US, no exceptions?? Gee Teddy, you're really looking after your fighter...good job! And good job to you for sticking up for a selfish megalomaniac!

Comment

Working...
                      X