No announcement yet.

Fight Night Champion: Gameplay Impressions Part 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Fight Night Champion: Gameplay Impressions Part 1

Welcome fight fans. This is Anthony aka UntiltheNxtRnd with the first part of my Gameplay Impressions. This will be the first of four/five possible parts (depending on how much I wanna give or keep from you all. I mean come on now, do you really want a trailer telling you everything about movie you are going to see So sit back and get ready for the first part dedicated to my impressions on Gameplay and my Impressions on the New Additions to Legacy Mode will be spread out as well.

Point One-New Full Spectrum Control system will now give players who choose to use analog stick more ability to throw various types of punches, thus increasing your arsenal. Combos can come off quick, but the stamina was draining the basic three punch. However, the (deleted section... (addressed later on) addresses that concern of ripping off your combos needed, because let's face it folks: Not everyone can throw combos like everyone else!

Point Two-Buttons are in the game from the start. For all the button users. However the ability to throw those various types of punches is gone for the button user (sorry no overhand rights button combos, unless you use the buttons and stick). Button users are still able to be competitive with Analog users (trust me I saw it) and the FSPC system.

Point Three-The Punch Modifier: This new feature give user the ability to add power to your punches. The punch modifier is similar to the mechanic in a game where the user can either swing for contact or swing for the fences (with a risk reward for the latter if landed or missed). Concerns I have are that users will just hold onto the Punch Modifier and swing away. A solution to this possible exploit is to make sure the stamina is decreased during attempts. Whether it is missed or connected stamina should decrease (and trust me folks it does!)

Tune in soon to my blog to check out some more fine points on the game. If you have a questions (that I'm allowed to answer at the time...EA Ninjas are watching folks) Feel free to drop a line in the comment section!

Until the next round.....

How's the footwork? That was my grip with FNR4

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
      How's the footwork? That was my grip with FNR4
      The footwork was slow close up and fast from a distance. We asked them to work on it and they said they would. If you are looking to see Cotto do that bicycle he does when he is resetting or on trouble, sorry but I didn't see it. But, the version the played was far from the final version had hopefully they address a lot of concerns from us and the FN community.

Comment

Are you now able to throw a punch whilst your boxer is moving? (You were in FNR3, but not FNR4). Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by UntiltheNxtRnd View Post
          Welcome fight fans. This is Anthony aka UntiltheNxtRnd with the first part of my Gameplay Impressions. This will be the first of four/five possible parts (depending on how much I wanna give or keep from you all. I mean come on now, do you really want a trailer telling you everything about movie you are going to see ..
          With the Fight Night Series, yes, i want to know everything i can months before the game is released. I grow weary of the hype (An unmatched yadda yadda that takes you further than any other yadda yadda, with a newer more realistic brutal simulation than you yadda yadda)

I like to hear specific details on how they've addressed things that their hard core fan community has been bringing up for years.

Comment

Working...
          X