Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly the taxes should've went up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unemployment benefits should be extended indefinitely till the depression is over.

People *****ing about another 33 billion for people who need it make me sick while ignoring the 3.3 trillion given to foreign banks, domestic banks, corporations (mcdonalds ffs) and anyone else who asked for it.

STFU and get your goddamn priorities straight. Stop arguing against your best interests morons.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
      I dont know actually these people were working just fine for decades maybe they all suddenly became lazy? I think supporting the people who had the least to do with the recession and have been hit the hardest by it is definitely something the government owes these people. Do you think cutting off all support for millions of Americans is going to to creat jobs? or will it just make it a whole lot more likely that you'll get robbed while heading to the grocery store?
      There are 10 million more people in the job market today then there was about a decade ago, maybe that's why? Ever think all of those immigrants might go looking for (and get other people's) jobs?
      Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      I think that the process will take time and the job market won't recover overnight so if you don't want people who have been laid off to be cast into untold hardship in the median then it might be a good idea to continue payments in the short term.
      I agree that it will help a lot of people not plunge into starvation, however you have Democrats saying this will stimulate the economy! Income redisribution/bottom up economics 101!

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
        Unemployment benefits should be extended indefinitely till the depression is over.

People *****ing about another 33 billion for people who need it make me sick while ignoring the 3.3 trillion given to foreign banks, domestic banks, corporations (mcdonalds ffs) and anyone else who asked for it.

STFU and get your goddamn priorities straight. Stop arguing against your best interests morons.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
          There are 10 million more people in the job market today then there was about a decade ago, maybe that's why? Ever think all of those immigrants might go looking for (and get other people's) jobs?

I agree that it will help a lot of people not plunge into starvation, however you have Democrats saying this will stimulate the economy! Income redisribution/bottom up economics 101!
          It might have something to do with it, but I think the massive layoffs are playing a role as well. If there arent enough jobs how do people think it comes down to these people just being lazy and looking for a handout?
          More Wichita Layoffs, HBC Shedding 350 Salaried Employees
          Mon, 27 Sep '10
          http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?C...b-dacf639880d0
          About 100 workers at Bombardier Learjet received layoff notices last week.

Read more: Bombardier sends out layoff notices | Wichita Business Journal
          June 28, 2010
          Cessna hands out 700 layoff notices
          Cessna has laid off half its workforce since 2008 and canceled one major new product line, the Columbus.
          Cessna had 6,193 workers in Wichita as of mid-September
          Read more: Cessna hands out 700 layoff notices | Wichita Business Journal http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/s...4/daily44.html
          Boeing also had warned of 800 defense job cuts in Wichita, Kanhttp://www.heraldnet.com/article/20090129/NEWS01/701299846
          We're known here for aircraft manufacturing and having more restaurants per person than anywhere else in the world. Guess what happens to restaurants when thousand upon thousands of aircraft workers get laid off?

Comment

So it's because foreigners are taking your jobs?

If Obama had raised taxes you would have made a thread criticizing him for rising taxes. I don't think you've ever made a thread in this lounge that was not either repeating moonbat fuckwittery or trotting out Republican talking points... and by that I don't mean conservative talking points that are coming from a particular political position, I mean talking points direct from the GOP opposition party that are meant to do nothing other than automatically gainsay the current administration.

Comment

Republicans talking to democrats:

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                So it's because foreigners are taking your jobs?

If Obama had raised taxes you would have made a thread criticizing him for rising taxes. I don't think you've ever made a thread in this lounge that was not either repeating moonbat fuckwittery or trotting out Republican talking points... and by that I don't mean conservative talking points that are coming from a particular political position, I mean talking points direct from the GOP opposition party that are meant to do nothing other than automatically gainsay the current administration.
                Foreigners aren't directly taking jobs....but there are 10 million more people in the workforce now, don't you think that would obviously effect other people's jobs? If even 1-4 million of those 10 are educated, or work in corporations, etc.... don't you think that would vastly effect the job market? I'm not saying I would ever pick cotton, or work on a farm, that is unrealistic.

Of course I would've criticized him, LOL. I'm still saying this because I know (and he's said) that this is a "long game, not a short one", and that he would ultimately get what he wanted, which is tax hikes on the wealthy.

There was just a stat out that in '08 the top 5% paid 59% of the taxes in the USA. First of all, don't you think that should be enough?

Second of all, Bush was able to increase MORE REVENUE from taxes that Clinton was...of course the deficit went up to fund the wars, you won't hear about that on MSLSD though.

My point is that instead of taxing, let the rich put the money in Bank of America, FFS. At least then when average Americans see a demand/oppotunity they can take out loans and create jobs naturally.
                Last edited by ILLuminato; 12-08-2010, 02:09 PM.

Comment

I am left wing but as I get older I am getting nearer the right centre.

That is normal with age.

Comment

Foreigners aren't directly taking jobs....but there are 10 million more people in the workforce now, don't you think that would obviously effect other people's jobs? If even 1-4 million of those 10 are educated, or work in corporations, etc.... don't you think that would vastly effect the job market? I'm not saying I would ever pick cotton, or work on a farm, that is unrealistic.

Of course I would've criticized him, LOL. I'm still saying this because I know (and he's said) that this is a "long game, not a short one", and that he would ultimately get what he wanted, which is tax hikes on the wealthy.

There was just a stat out that in '08 the top 5% paid 59% of the taxes in the USA. First of all, don't you think that should be enough?

Second of all, Bush was able to increase MORE REVENUE from taxes that Clinton was...of course the deficit went up to fund the wars, you won't hear about that on MSLSD though.

My point is that instead of taxing, let the rich put the money in Bank of America, FFS. At least then when average Americans see a demand/oppotunity they can take out loans and create jobs naturally.
                    My point on wanting Obama to raise the taxes is he'd DEFintely be a one termer that way. The tax hikes would've depressed the economy, and we could've had a blitzkrieg conservatve revolution!

This is chess, not checkers.

Comment

Working...
                    X