No announcement yet.

Just watched Canelo/Lara again...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
    how can you say you thought Lara won by 115-113 but then say he gave the fight away but being more offensive?

lol?

Lara lost, Clearly IMO but thats not here or there, like I said how can you say he won by 115-113 but then say he gave the fight away but being more offensive?
    i feel the same way ... Lara won but who really gives a f uk? he gave that fight away by being extra boring no one cares that he didnt get the nod because the fight was close enough anyways

Comment

I had it a draw. They both looked like shyt in that fight. Neither man deserved the W.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        I still think Lara won 115-113 but he didn't fight up to expectations. He gave the fight away by not being more offensive.
        his defensive tactics actually hampered his offense to a huge extent and this is why he lost a lot of the middle rounds

Comment

I said this so many times since I saw the fight, Lara was a huge disappointment. This was his coming out party, this is his biggest chance but he just didn't take it with both hands in my opinion, at least Austin Trout went for it and to be honest there is more of an argument that Trout "won" than the Lara "won" brigade (Put in mind that Trout suffered a KD).

Comment

how can you say you thought Lara won by 115-113 but then say he gave the fight away but being more offensive?

lol?

Lara lost, Clearly IMO but thats not here or there, like I said how can you say he won by 115-113 but then say he gave the fight away but being more offensive?
            Lara lost the fight more tha Canelo won it, if that makes sense to you.

If Lara outlanded Canelo by 20 shots instead of 10, he would've gotten the nod (actually I'm not sure about that, Martinez is sitting in a brand new Ferrari right now)

I agree with TS about Canelo being limited. I didn't see anything different since the Trout fight, Chavez Sr said Canelo didn't look good and he hadn't learned anything since the Mayweather loss.

Fire Chepo and get yourself a real trainer Canelo

Comment

Lara's response after the fight is why things went down the way like that. In the back of his mind he convinced himself that he was going to get robbed; for some fighters this would cause a sense of urgency but for him it created the state of mind where he was content with just executing his plan. He was unable to understand that he needed to do a little bit more.

Comment

Lara is just focking overrated. Plain simple. Ppl need to wake up to the fact that this dude ain't no Rigo.

Comment

I had Lara winning 8-4 he out boxed Canelo

Comment

lol?

You need to win more than 7 rounds to beat Canelo on the scorecards. 12 rounds only gives you a MD

Comment

0 aggression from lara. This guy doesn't belong in the pros.

Comment

Working...
                      X