Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Diaz has the best homefield advantage in the world; Close fight no robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anytime fans start booing in the first 45 seconds of a fight, well that tells you right there they are pretty ignorant.......

Comment

I'm pretty sure Pac in Manilla would trounce Diaz in Houston. No offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharcyde View Post
        I'm pretty sure Pac in Manilla would trounce Diaz in Houston. No offense.
        So would Margarito in TJ.

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
          I met htowntexan, he is a badass guy.

Also i think everyone should watch this fight without the anti juan diaz commentary by Max Kellerman and Howard Lederman.

I saw a prefight interview with Lederman on youtube and itwas obvious to me he was hoping Malignaggi would win. I remember he was also subtley pulling for him against Hatton.
          obviously, because hatton and diaz both had hometown crowd advantage against malignaggi.

Comment

this fight showed that juan diaz is pretty much done, damaged goods. marquez ruined him.

Comment

Comment

Hatton, Khan, Haye in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by elmalo29 View Post
                  this fight showed that juan diaz is pretty much done, damaged goods. marquez ruined him.
                  if anybody ruined diaz it was nate campbell

Comment

Houston representing Juan Diaz

Comment

I met htowntexan, he is a badass guy.

Also i think everyone should watch this fight without the anti juan diaz commentary by Max Kellerman and Howard Lederman.

I saw a prefight interview with Lederman on youtube and itwas obvious to me he was hoping Malignaggi would win. I remember he was also subtley pulling for him against Hatton.
                      I am back from the fight and it was amazing. The atmosphere was like no other. Us Juan Diaz fans are the best right now in boxing if you consider Hatton and his fans retired. Hearing the crowd on TV did not do justice. We were much louder than that i thought. And every single punch Juan Landed the roof nerly exploded from the arena. Unless he fights Marquez there again, Diaz will always have a huge advantage with his fans here in Houston. Paulie got an hear full of boos from when he entered the ring until after when he was being a huge d-bag. The boos loud i couldnt understand what he was saying on the speakers.

Now for the fight. I believe the cut early on with Juan Diaz affected him and prevented him from getting into a rhythm. Paulie's speed and movement made it almost impossible for him to settle down. If you look at Diaz recent fights you saw how well he starts out every fight.

Anyways I feel it was a very close fight and could have gone either way. Juan Diaz landed the harder and more telling blows than Paulie. Paulie landed ping ping ping and boxed circles in the rounds he won. Diaz was snapping his head back with just about every punch he landed. He was even hurt and wobbled a few times.

Also imo if you are going to beat Juan Diaz in front of a crowd like that i think you need to do a lot more than what Paulie did. The crowd's reaction to everything really helped to sway judges. From what i saw Juan was getting hit but by nothing major or he would block them.

Lastly there were 3 scuffles in the crowd and 1 fight that looked pretty huge. One scuffle took place 4 rows in front of me in round 8 of the Guerrero fight i believe. I was sent txts of how on tv you could see the crowd looking away. In the major fight that was like 6 sections to the right of me the 2 guys were falling down rows fighting each other and one of them got stabbed. I am not sure if it was just 2 guys fighting it could have been more.

Anyways i hope this gets a lot of responses i really had an awesome time last night
                      Hey thanks for the compliment bro... I was cool to meet someone that I talk so much boxing with.... I think you nailed it right on the head with your assessment of the fight....

Paulie did move, and jab alot.... But Juan came forward, had him staggered on more than a few occasions, and the crowd was going crazy..... And I think that did sway the judges a bit...

As far as 118-110, I think that was a bit wide.... I had it 8-4 or 7-5 Diaz....

Comment

Working...
                      X