No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto Peoples Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    Fair enough, but neither of them really gave Cotto any trouble. Judah did a early, and I'm sure Martinez doesn't help, but Martinez isn't nearly as fast as Judah, PWill doesn't have fast hands and he hit Martinez well. Cotto is faster than most people think, he kept up with yuri just fine, so movement shouldn't be a problem. Martinez may have slightly faster handspeed, but we're comparing Cotto's handspeed to that of Pacman, Mosley, Judah I mean these guys are faster than anyone at 154 by far.

And Cotto really wasn't looking like he was fighting underwater against any of those guys except for Pac is the fastest fighter in the world. Cotto has beaten enough boxers that are title worthy to earn enough credit that simply being on the move isn't enough to beat him, you have to slug it out and get the best of him because he'll catch up to you eventually.
    Cotto would spark Williams out with a body shot..

Who's the beezy in your avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      I've never understood people with this thought. Cotto's far better against boxers than he is brawlers. I mean Judah, Malignaggi, Mosley, Quintana and now Foreman. These are all guys that were supposed to out box and tire Cotto. For each one its been the opposite, except maybe Mosley. Cotto only has problems against guys who apply pressure on him. I'd favor him to beat Martinez over Williams, he is actually slightly shorter than Foreman with about the same reach. Granted his better than Foreman, but for the most part they have similar styles as Paulie, Quintana and Foreman who Cotto just steamed rolled over. I could see him beating Williams though not yet, the style is bad for Cotto its more similar to Marg's and Paq in terms of workrate. Given that PWill is also huge doesn't help, though I'd take Cotto because he'd be faster, but mainly Williams is just so sloppy and stationary defensively the guy is a breeze to hit.
      I would consider Mosley more of a brawler/slugger masquerading as a boxer.

Comment

Working...
      X