Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am joining the PC Master Race

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my 670 GTX and bought The Witcher for £20 (about $30), just had to use a VPN

I'm really enjoying the game atm, the world is really nice and i've barely seen anything atm.

I'm playing on everything on high and it looks very good. It looks on another level on ultra with everything turned on and maxed. It's choppy for me when I have it on ultra but I had to try it to see how it looks and the makers of this game have done a very good job on that front.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
      I got my 670 GTX and bought The Witcher for £20 (about $30), just had to use a VPN

I'm really enjoying the game atm, the world is really nice and i've barely seen anything atm.

I'm playing on everything on high and it looks very good. It looks on another level on ultra with everything turned on and maxed. It's choppy for me when I have it on ultra but I had to try it to see how it looks and the makers of this game have done a very good job on that front.
      I have a gigabyte 670 windforce, i love it. Is the game the latest one they made? I hear it looks awesome. Nice price for that game...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
        So how's your build going? You must have everything up and running by now? I'm really intrigued, seriously. I'd love to see the list of all your parts in "kinda" detail, We had a thread going about home theatre components awhile back, and it was very cool.

I'm on my 6th build. I have pc stuff laying all over the pc room. There's a path to the computer...lol.

I really wish we could have a forum for pc/home theatre/car audio.
        Haven't been on the forum in a few days since I finished the build

Anyways, I got it built in about an hour and a half and I've only been playing Free To Play games since I blew my budget on the build WOT maxed runs at 45-60fps, War Thunder 90-140fps maxed, DOTA 2 80+ fps, Heroes and Generals 50+fps maxed. I'm loving every second haha.

Here's a sum up of the build, Club 3D r9 280x (sketchy company from what I heard but it's staying nice and cool and holding up well so far) amd fx 6300 (no sale on the 8350 when I was ordering) Gigabyte 970a motherboard, 8gb G Skill ram. Like I said, very budget oriented build, but from what I've learned so far 60fps is a world of difference compared to 30fps, 30 actually feels choppy to me now.

Most newer titles I'm probably going to be running on high for now, oh and I forgot to order a cpu cooler so I'm not even OC'd yet. When I decide to pickup a cpu cooler I'll bump it up to 4.1 ghz.

Comment

I have a gigabyte 670 windforce, i love it. Is the game the latest one they made? I hear it looks awesome. Nice price for that game...lol.
          Mine is a Palit 670, it comes with the Jetstream cooling fans which is decent. Yeah, it came out 6 days ago. People are spending £50 ($80) on this game on Steam which is crazy for a game (although, The Witcher 3 is one of the few games that could merit such a price due to how much there is to do in the game).

All you have to do is go on eBay, find someone selling the game code (plenty of huge business sellers that do) and buy it...they even have it so that you can send them offers for it so you get it EVEN cheaper. I'm going to do the same for Metal Gear Solid when its out in September. The codes are usually locked to Russia/Ukraine/Eastern Europe so you have to download a VPN and choose one of those countries when faking where you're connecting from when you actually input the code. It's easy once you do it the first time, literally a 2 minute procedure at most now...plus it's good for other things to, i.e. if something is banned in your country i.e. some country restricted YouTube vids you can just change your ip and it works.

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
          Haven't been on the forum in a few days since I finished the build

Anyways, I got it built in about an hour and a half and I've only been playing Free To Play games since I blew my budget on the build WOT maxed runs at 45-60fps, War Thunder 90-140fps maxed, DOTA 2 80+ fps, Heroes and Generals 50+fps maxed. I'm loving every second haha.

Here's a sum up of the build, Club 3D r9 280x (sketchy company from what I heard but it's staying nice and cool and holding up well so far) amd fx 6300 (no sale on the 8350 when I was ordering) Gigabyte 970a motherboard, 8gb G Skill ram. Like I said, very budget oriented build, but from what I've learned so far 60fps is a world of difference compared to 30fps, 30 actually feels choppy to me now.

Most newer titles I'm probably going to be running on high for now, oh and I forgot to order a cpu cooler so I'm not even OC'd yet. When I decide to pickup a cpu cooler I'll bump it up to 4.1 ghz.
          Not going to lie, i'm not a fan of AMD CPUs anymore. They were THE best, hands down about 10 years ago but Intel absolutely destroys them now. The Nvidia/ATi (AMD) competition is more interesting because the ATIs are cheaper whilst also remaining close in terms of performance. AMD CPUs just aren't what they were for gaming. My mate picked up a 8350 AMD CPU and it's ridiculously loud and somewhat hot compared to my i5 3570k. As you said though, it should be good if you get a proper cooler and OC it.

What Monitor have you got? I used to play Counter-Strike:Source semi-competitively and switched from a 60hz to a 120hz monitor and it made me love gaming again. Felt as though I had WAY more FPS, felt smoother and more responsive in every way. Your main tower is more important but look into it in the future at some point, it's a big difference. Your feeling of getting that 60fps from 30fps is very similar to how you'll feel with a better monitor (120/144hz).

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
            Mine is a Palit 670, it comes with the Jetstream cooling fans which is decent. Yeah, it came out 6 days ago. People are spending £50 ($80) on this game on Steam which is crazy for a game (although, The Witcher 3 is one of the few games that could merit such a price due to how much there is to do in the game).

All you have to do is go on eBay, find someone selling the game code (plenty of huge business sellers that do) and buy it...they even have it so that you can send them offers for it so you get it EVEN cheaper. I'm going to do the same for Metal Gear Solid when its out in September. The codes are usually locked to Russia/Ukraine/Eastern Europe so you have to download a VPN and choose one of those countries when faking where you're connecting from when you actually input the code. It's easy once you do it the first time, literally a 2 minute procedure at most now...plus it's good for other things to, i.e. if something is banned in your country i.e. some country restricted YouTube vids you can just change your ip and it works.

Not going to lie, i'm not a fan of AMD CPUs anymore. They were THE best, hands down about 10 years ago but Intel absolutely destroys them now. The Nvidia/ATi (AMD) competition is more interesting because the ATIs are cheaper whilst also remaining close in terms of performance. AMD CPUs just aren't what they were for gaming. My mate picked up a 8350 AMD CPU and it's ridiculously loud and somewhat hot compared to my i5 3570k. As you said though, it should be good if you get a proper cooler and OC it.

What Monitor have you got? I used to play Counter-Strike:Source semi-competitively and switched from a 60hz to a 120hz monitor and it made me love gaming again. Felt as though I had WAY more FPS, felt smoother and more responsive in every way. Your main tower is more important but look into it in the future at some point, it's a big difference. Your feeling of getting that 60fps from 30fps is very similar to how you'll feel with a better monitor (120/144hz).
            I'm actually using a 40" Philips 60hz TV haha, a 120hz monitor is definitely on the bucket list but so far I'm really enjoying the TV. Honestly the cpu isn't even noticeably loud since I tried to save some money on the gpu, don't get me wrong so far the off brand Club 3d r9 280x is keeping pretty cool but it screams under load. It doesn't really bother me when I have my headset on and I'm talking to other players but does get a bit annoying.

Comment

I've got a ps4 and an $11,000 Mac so suck my balls PC ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                A mac is a PC.... Just uses a different operating software....

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                  You are better of being over than cutting it close with 500W ma friend. I got a 800W psu sure is a bit of overkill kind of, but you may want to expand in the future and you want to have some wiggle room. When I upgraded to the I7 4770K I got on my main rig right now I just knew I wasn't gonna have a problem and I know when I get that 980 geforce to replace my 660 TI I wont have a problem either. You want to have that peace of mind.
                  This right here.

Comment

Corsair has been making pretty good psu's lately. I take it you have just 1 graphics card, right? How many watts + amps in 12v rail? Just curious. I love talking computers. I asked BPP to make a computer forum for anything that connects us to this site so we can help each other, but noooo...lol.
                    I'd totally be down for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                      A purpose built PC is better than a Mac in every way, apart from not having an apple logo on it. You are essentially paying $9000 dollars over the odds for parts that would cost you $2000.

I will concede though, I only use my Laptop for games when my PS4 doesn't have them. Witcher 2 for example. Prefer sitting in front of a TV.

Comment

Working...
                      X