No announcement yet.

Official Pacquaio vs Marquez IV Super Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
    The difference here is strenght, in the first fight Marquez hand stops at pacquiao chin, in the latest he just blasts right through his head
    Good point. Also, when he was KO'd he was off balance. At the moment that Pac was hit he only had his left leg planted and he was in the process of taking a step back with his right leg.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
      The difference here is strenght, in the first fight Marquez hand stops at pacquiao chin, in the latest he just blasts right through his head
      There's also approx 20 lbs. more force on the shots. Pac also rolled better with the shot shown from 26. The Welter shot in the GIF also lands, clearly, more on the sweet spot of the glove whereas the other isn't as flush. Marquez also almost dropped him with a right in the second. If it was easy to drop Pac, more guys would have done it since he moved up from Fly. Few have.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        There's also approx 20 lbs. more force on the shots. Pac also rolled better with the shot shown from 26. The Welter shot in the GIF also lands, clearly, more on the sweet spot of the glove whereas the other isn't as flush. Marquez also almost dropped him with a right in the second. If it was easy to drop Pac, more guys would have done it since he moved up from Fly. Few have.
        gif/clip?..........

Comment

• Good fight.

Comment

• Bob Arum's latest lie is that Pac/Marquez sold 1.15 million PPVs. Dan Rafael reported it and stated that is must be true because HBO did not dispute it. I doubt that this fight sold more than 700,000 PPVs. Not commenting on it is not the same thing as not disputing it. HBO has not released the numbers for any of Pac's fights since the Margarito fight so they haven't disputed any of the numbers that Arum has fed clowns like Rafael, and people like Dan Rafael simply take Bob Arum's (an admitted liar) word for it. No real journalist would do this. I know this because I used to be a journalist and my editor would never allow me to run something like this without confirming it with a legitimate source Rafael and all of the boxing writers who take Arum's word for it on the PPV numbers have no business calling themselves journalists. They are all jokes!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
              Bob Arum's latest lie is that Pac/Marquez sold 1.15 million PPVs. Dan Rafael reported it and stated that is must be true because HBO did not dispute it. I doubt that this fight sold more than 700,000 PPVs. Not commenting on it is not the same thing as not disputing it. HBO has not released the numbers for any of Pac's fights since the Margarito fight so they haven't disputed any of the numbers that Arum has fed clowns like Rafael, and people like Dan Rafael simply take Bob Arum's (an admitted liar) word for it. No real journalist would do this. I know this because I used to be a journalist and my editor would never allow me to run something like this without confirming it with a legitimate source Rafael and all of the boxing writers who take Arum's word for it on the PPV numbers have no business calling themselves journalists. They are all jokes!!!!
              Whatever the numbers were they got to see a great fight.

One thing is for sure, if they fight again, the numbers will be huge!

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                Whatever the numbers were they got to see a great fight.

One thing is for sure, if they fight again, the numbers will be huge!
                Yeah, who gives a fcuk about the numbers? we're boxing fans, i.e. interested in the fight.

Comment

• Do a 5th fight !

HBO viewers had it 72% - YES

28% No

JMM is a gentleman and I believe will gladly give Pac that 5th fight as Pac has given him at least 3 times to beat him.

Pac deserves the 5th to prove what happen on that fateful nite will not happen again.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    Yeah, who gives a fcuk about the numbers? we're boxing fans, i.e. interested in the fight.
                    Agreed.^^^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      Yup, laughed when I saw Big James bring that up ....

That was a great fight. Had everything. Wished it went longer so we would have seen more of that. You can never get too much of a good thing and last week it was a great thing!

Comment

Working...
                      X