Exactly how good was the '90's Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAC602 View Post
    Excellent post.

Are we really discrediting wins because the other guy was scared ****less? And yes, Ruddock was damaged goods after back-to-back bouts with Tyson; nobody did anything of the sort like that to Holmes prior to or after, and Thomas/Tucker had 1 combined loss in 64 bouts at the time he fought them

Cheers bud.

I'm a big fan of both heavyweights, I just wanted to keep it real.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
      Cheers bud.

I'm a big fan of both heavyweights, I just wanted to keep it real.
      Yeah, I've never been into nitpicking a clear ATG's resume to come to the conclusion that they aren't in opinion, an ATG. The thing is, you can do it with most any heavyweight with the exception of Ali. I don't think any Tyson fan in their right mind would claim his era was anywhere close to the toughest but it isn't, for example, as if the likes of the eras Marciano, Holmes or Lewis (as you showed) fought in are vastly superior. So superior that Tyson isn't an ATG heavy? No way.

Comment

Originally posted by TAC602 View Post
        Yeah, I've never been into nitpicking a clear ATG's resume to come to the conclusion that they aren't in opinion, an ATG. The thing is, you can do it with most any heavyweight with the exception of Ali. I don't think any Tyson fan in their right mind would claim his era was anywhere close to the toughest but it isn't, for example, as if the likes of the eras Marciano, Holmes or Lewis (as you showed) fought in are vastly superior. So superior that Tyson isn't an ATG heavy? No way.

True, there are dozens of ATGs with on paper fairly average resumes.

Comment

Working...
        X