Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"A Harder Fight Than Floyd Mayweather's Last 10 Opponents" - Prince Naseem Hamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but at this point none of that matters. Khan isn't equipped to win this fight, let alone make it competitive.
    He might not be quite good enough to win the fight, that's a tall order for anyone against Mayweather, but he is equipped to make it competitive if he's on the same sort of form as against Paulie, Judah, Maidana, Alexander, Collazo, Barrera etc.. That version of Khan might very well be competitive against Floyd for at least 4 or 5 rounds, possibly more.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
      He might not be quite good enough to win the fight, that's a tall order for anyone against Mayweather, but he is equipped to make it competitive if he's on the same sort of form as against Paulie, Judah, Maidana, Alexander, Collazo, Barrera etc.. That version of Khan might very well be competitive against Floyd for at least 4 or 5 rounds, possibly more.
      I'm sorry but no, and I'm not oblivious to Mayweather slowing down, being near 40 but no. Khan is too easy a target to hit, a counter puncher's dream, chin is still up in the air. It isn't difficult to hit the guy, nor is it difficult to smother him. The main question most of us should be asking is, at this point in time does Khan even classify as a good fighter? I personally don't think so. So why entertain this crap, there is no intriguing factor to this fight.

Comment

Speed ain't **** if you can't use it, u can be the fastest fighter in the world but if you're not in range and if you're not landing, it doesn't matter, u need to find openings and Khan won't be able to find openings against Floyd Mayweather to use his speed cuz he doesn't have the ring IQ, he might be able to steal rounds with flashy blocked punches but there's no way he can win or land significant power punches, he's just not physical enough to do it and I think he's not physical enough nor his style is aggressive enough to make Floyd uncomfortable, plus Floyd is the king of timing and counter punching, has the longer reach than Khan, and Khan doesn't have a chin, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets knocked down once or twice in the fight.

People are acting like Floyd Mayweather is a slow plodder, he's one of the fastest fighters in the world as far as reaction time, reflexes and quickness off the trigger, this is really a 70-30 fight for Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

If fighters like Peterson, Garcia, Algieri, Julio Diaz can all find ways to deal with Khan's speed, i'm fairly certain Mayweather will not be too troubled.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            I'm sorry but no, and I'm not oblivious to Mayweather slowing down, being near 40 but no. Khan is too easy a target to hit, a counter puncher's dream, chin is still up in the air. It isn't difficult to hit the guy, nor is it difficult to smother him. The main question most of us should be asking is, at this point in time does Khan even classify as a good fighter? I personally don't think so. So why entertain this crap, there is no intriguing factor to this fight.
            Khan already beat three of Mayweather's former opponents - Maidana, Judah as a pro and Ortiz as an amateur with more ease and more impressively than Floyd was able to. He stopped Ortiz in 2 rounds wearing headgear in the amateurs.

Khan dominated Alexander more impressively than Bradley and Porter were able to, and possibly more clearly than even Floyd or Pacquiao might have done if they'd fought Alexander. Khan beat Algieri while Provodnikov didn't.

So to question whether Khan is a "good fighter" I think you'd then have to question if any of the fighters I've mentioned (including Mayweather and Pacquiao) are good fighters.

Styles make fights and Khan's style may well cause Floyd some trouble, at least early on in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              If fighters like Peterson, Garcia, Algieri, Julio Diaz can all find ways to deal with Khan's speed, i'm fairly certain Mayweather will not be too troubled.
              Khan dropped Maidana & stopped Judah - Mayweather didn't .

Marquez knocked out Pacquiao - Mayweather didn't.

Thurman dropped Guerrero - Mayweather didn't.

Pacquiaio stopped Cotto - Mayweather didn't..

Styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                Khan dropped Maidana & stopped Judah - Mayweather didn't .

Marquez knocked out Pacquiao - Mayweather didn't.

Thurman dropped Guerrero - Mayweather didn't.

Pacquiaio stopped Cotto - Mayweather didn't..

Styles make fights.
                Mayweather beat all of them. Knockdowns/knockouts are irrelevant for a guy who isn't about power.

Khan lost to a D level fighter (Prescott) - Mayweather didn't.

Khan lost to two B level fighters (Garcia/Peterson) - Mayweather didn't.
                Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 06-22-2015, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooool

Comment

The first Maidana fight will go down as Floyd's last tough fight. Khan would get dominated.

Maidana would knock Khan out now!

Comment

Originally posted by TOE-TO-TOE View Post
                      The first Maidana fight will go down as Floyd's last tough fight. Khan would get dominated.

Maidana would knock Khan out now!
                      This. Maidana would beat the crap out of Khan now. He's improved considerably since they fought and would knock Khan out this time. I wish people would stop acting like they haven't seen the changes in Maidana's style and the impact Robert Garcia has had.

Comment

Working...
                      X