Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sonny Liston would dominate if he fought today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
    Well you can think that but I can't see Liston surviving long against Lucas Browne!

Link me to any fight of Liston's which shows him coordinated, fast and strong enough to survive a few rounds with Browne if you can!

The first time Liston ever faced what today we might regard as a decent opponent... He lost!
    I know your just trolling to get Ray Corso all worked up and dropping "sonny" bombs on you..

I always love his responses

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      I know your just trolling to get Ray Corso all worked up and dropping "sonny" bombs on you..

I always love his responses
      This is the same fool who said on NSB the other day that Marvis Frazier and Joe Frazier were about equal. That should give everyone the troll alert.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        This is the same fool who said on NSB the other day that Marvis Frazier and Joe Frazier were about equal. That should give everyone the troll alert.
        Let me guess, it went something like

"Joe and Marvis are birds of the same feather.. Crude, come forward brawlers that didn't have the chin to handle power punchers like foreman and Tyson.. Neither Frazier had the ability, skill or toughness to compete with today's power punchers like wilder, Browne, and Samuel Peter"

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
          Well you can think that but I can't see Liston surviving long against Lucas Browne!

Link me to any fight of Liston's which shows him coordinated, fast and strong enough to survive a few rounds with Browne if you can!

The first time Liston ever faced what today we might regard as a decent opponent... He lost!

Comment

Sonny Liston would smash the life out of anyone today and then take an 8lb **** in the ring

Wlad may be a problem but everyone else gets folded...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Excuse me....Elroy, sonny to me, is NOT a Troll....He really is that stoopid. Now carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                What makes you believe this? He was slow and had little skill. He would not be champion of any era, he isn't even a top 10 ATG heavyweight.
                Was the Sanders that Vlad could not handle and that folded his brother's legs in the first round...better than Liston Welty? Or how about Purity? Or the hard punching Lamont Brewster? Would Liston fall to these boxers of today?

Comment

Nobody currently rated in the top 10, nor Wlad would make it into the 5th round against Liston.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    Was the Sanders that Vlad could not handle and that folded his brother's legs in the first round...better than Liston Welty? Or how about Purity? Or the hard punching Lamont Brewster? Would Liston fall to these boxers of today?
                    Brewster and Sanders would have belted Liston out without any question.

Puritty vs Liston would have actually been quite interesting!

I think Puritty would still have Liston on account of his toughness, experience against a better and bigger class of opponents and his strength and power and stamina.

This guy fought to a DRAW with Tommy Morrison! AND Got the drop on Wladimir!

It's actually disrespectful to Puritty to assume against all evidence that Ross would simply lose to this calibre of opponent!

Who was Sonny's best win? Floyd Patterson... PATTERSON!

Nobody in the CRUISERWEIGHT division would lose to Floyd today let alone at HW. Ross would have squashed Floyd like an insect.

When a guy like Patterson..

http://media-1.web.britannica.com/eb...4-02AD067E.jpg

Is your best win..

A guy like this...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...76_634x461.jpg

Is going to put you on your ****ing ass real fast.

Make no mistake.. The whole Liston beats any decent opponent thing, is a complete myth.

Liston has been described as "Just a big bum" and that's exactly what he was then.

Research shows that Liston never once beat anybody who wasn't some combination of cruiserweight, bum, or coming off major loss streak. Today we would call that a cherry picker.

For all the flak Wilder cops his record is MUCH better than Liston's!

The only problem now is that he would be "just a little bum".

Ross was a bum too. But a much tougher and much stronger bum than Liston ever was.

Facts!
                    Last edited by Elroy1; 10-14-2014, 05:50 AM.

Comment

I think the current version of wlad would probably handle him, especially if wlad has the usual wlad refs that allow him to hug and clinch all day long. Liston beats everybody else pretty handily.

Comment

Working...
                      X