Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the most powerful straight right hand ever in boxing history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the most powerful straight right hand ever in boxing history?

Id like to see who had the best straight right P4P and at HW and Id like to see it being landed flush!

Everyone always talks about the best left hook but no one seems to talk about the best right straight!

Roy Jones is the only guy I can think of who was quick enough to throw it routinely with power.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
      Id like to see who had the best straight right P4P and at HW and Id like to see it being landed flush!

Everyone always talks about the best left hook but no one seems to talk about the best right straight!

Pound for pound a good shout would be Thomas Hearns. At heavyweight my money would be on Earnie Shavers.

Comment

Wladimir Klitscko.

Comment

Thanks mate you are probably spot on. I never see earnie shavers hardly ever use the straight right he usually loops his right over the top. Shavers, Foreman, Tyson, Bowe, Ruddock, etc etc all these mega punches seem to avoid using the straight right like the plague why is that do you know?

Comment

Lennox Lewis immediately comes to mind. In the Briggs fight it's shown most clearly, a lot of very hard completely straight right hands causing knockdowns.

Comment

Not number 1 in history but Kostya Tszyu had one of the best i've seen in the last 20 years.

Comment

I saw Danny "Little Red" Lopez KO a lot of opponents with a perfectly straight right hand.

Joe Louis would have to be very high on any list of all time straight rights.

Comment

earnie shavers at HW. not the straightest punch ever, but short and extremely powerful.

probably hearns p4p. hardest puncher ever at 147, and probably second only to jackson at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                    Pound for pound a good shout would be Thomas Hearns. At heavyweight my money would be on Earnie Shavers.
                    rofl...

ditto.

Comment

Working...
                    X