Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthysse 163 lbs tonight!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well he is still a good boxer, not like Chavez JR. That guy is a b1tch.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      You're nitpicking.
      How am I nitpicking. He weighed in at 141 while Matthysse was 138.5. I said someone who made the 140 limit, not 141.

Not only that, but it doesn't take a genius to see with your eyes who the bigger guy is between thse two.

I don't think anyone has ever considered Matthysse a huge or even big JWW. Now all of a sudden he jumps up 10-12 pounds over his normal weight. Without looking physically any bigger. It's non sense.

I see people saying why not just accept these unofficial weights, but it seems much more logical to not. It's not really possible.
      Last edited by Da Machine; 01-27-2013, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Crazy weight gain tbh he usually reweighs in at about 152 IIRC .Maybe he weighed in fully clothed with some big boots this time?

Comment

• Originally posted by lovci View Post
          how am i nitpicking. He weighed in at 141 while matthysse was 138.5. I said someone who made the 140 limit, not 141.
          That's exactly nitpicking.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            That's exactly nitpicking.
            Following the rules of a challenge is nitpicking... Then you got me there.

Next time I play basketball I will take 3 steps every time instead of 2 when I go for a lay-in. If someone says something, I'll just call them a nitpicker.

Comment

• Clottey supposedly was 170 once, a 23lb+ gain. though I'm sure he was carrying extra weight

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                How am I nitpicking. He weighed in at 141 while Matthysse was 138.5. I said someone who made the 140 limit, not 141.

Not only that, but it doesn't take a genius to see with your eyes who the bigger guy is between thse two.

I don't think anyone has ever considered Matthysse a huge or even big JWW. Now all of a sudden he jumps up 10-12 pounds over his normal weight.

I see people saying why not just accept these unofficial weights, but it seems much more logical to not. It's not really possible.
                To be fair, Gatti use to put on 18lbs at 130, putting on 20 at 140 shouldn't be a surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Clottey supposedly was 170 once, a 23lb+ gain. though I'm sure he was carrying extra weight
                  Aggainst Chico Corrales, but he actually LOOKED like he was holding the weight. He was bloated in the ring that night. But even that was bizzarre, he normally comes in 156ish, like in the Judah fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                    To be fair, Gatti use to put on 18lbs at 130, putting on 20 at 140 shouldn't be a surprise.
                    For who? Gatti? Or Matthyse who has consistently weighed low 150's? Don't you agree it's extremely unlikely a guy who looks no different all of a sudden weighs 12 lbs more then usual?

I don't see how people so easily accept Matthysse gaining 12 pounds over his usual fight night weight.

12 pounds for a 140lb fighter is over 11% of that fighters weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      The photos are taken at an angel making it hard to tell height and you dont know if 1 guy is wearing shoes or anything like that

Trying to guess height is meaningless.
                      you can clearly see whos taller than who in those photos, smh

Comment

Working...
                      X