No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panic room

what u get is something like home alone with none of the slapstick comedy.. what it has is a boat load of thrills and suspense often invoking elements of hitchcoc k but with a panache of someone as skillful as david fincher like his brilliant camerawork...

fincher is the man...

might as well give props to howard shore for his musical score in this film... its kinda reminiscent of bernard hermann if u ask me... great job...

Last edited by talip bin osman; 01-21-2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• The Dictator

Although I liked Borat and thought Bruno was pretty funny, this piece of shit was unwatchable.(literally).

I didn't even bother finishing it.

1 out of 10

Comment

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
        The Dictator

Although I liked Borat and thought Bruno was pretty funny, this piece of shit was unwatchable.(literally).

I didn't even bother finishing it.

1 out of 10
        yea this was a huge let down had high hopes too, as I enjoyed borat and bruno too

Comment

• great movie

Comment

• Just watched "Here comes the boom" with Kevin James.

I thought it was alright. Decent "popcorn/bubblegum" flick, that got a few genuine laughs from me. Not something I'd watch again if I'm honest.

Is it just me or does Kevin James and John Cena (WWE) look and sound stupidly similar? You know like Cena is a in-shape Kevin James?

I think Denzel's "Flight" is next on the agenda.

Comment

• Here Comes the Boom (2012)

Rating: 10/10

Loved it - Such a feel good film.

Comment

• booooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post

great movie
                  Thought it was pure crap.

Comment

• Total Recall (2012)

I hate remakes, especially for movies that I like. This one kinda surprised me a little. I came in thinking I was gonna hate it but surprisingly I didn't.

Things I liked:
                    - Kate Beckinsale as SharonStone's character. (Almost seemed like they combined Sharon Stone's character with the bald dude who was chasing Quaid from the original).
                    - Jessica Biel is an upgrade from the original Melina.
                    - Walter White as Cohaagan, although his role is kinda minor.
                    - the Backdrop. I always like to see how they portray the future in movies and how technologically advanced everything is. i was impressed. I remember in a scene from the original TR he went to the hotel to get his safety deposit box and the clerk was checking the cpu and that **** had DOS on the screen.
                    - Three titty ho. Nuff said.

Things I didn't like:

- No Mars. Instead its England and Australia aka The Colony, I think. Kinda lame.
                    - No Quato. Remember that psychic Mutant coming out of dude's stomach.
                    - No humor. Arnold, no matter how serious a role, always found a way to bring a little humor into his characters. Colin Farrell is a stiff.

Overall: 7.5/10

Comment

• Savages (2012)
                      This one is as Hollywood as Hollywood gets. Super white protagonists, swarthy bad guys with pronounced accents (except Ms. Salma Hayek who always talks that way) and even the dirty and grimy locations seemed prettied up. This is Oliver Stone getting a nice paycheck doing a Scarface meets Traffic type movie for today's times except starring Gap or Urban Outfitters models turned "actors." Even though I'm an Oliver Stone fan (the main reason I watched it), I thought I was probably gonna hate the movie, but strangely enough I didn't. Yeah, it's a total Hollywood flick, far from perfect, but it delivers in the entertainment dept... even though the ending, to me, was a let down, and not pulled off in the best way.

Two best friends, a surfer turned Iraq/Afghanistan war vet and a hippie philanthropist, are the country's biggest marijuana distributors. They are also involved in an open relationship with a rich blonde chick (they all live together and both dudes screw her knowingly). They seem to be living the perfect life until a Mexican cartel wants in on their (weed) action. **** gets really real for them fast. Benicio del Toro as a dangerous, slimey henchman easily gives the movie's best performance, as does a weird-looking John Travolta putting in some decent work. You might hate this movie, which suffers mostly because of the three boring good guy characters, but if you catch it in the right mood, it might hit the spot the same way fast food does sometimes. 6/10

Flight (2012)
                      If you're a fan of beautiful naked women then Flight has one of the best opening 5 minutes you're likely to see. Nude Nadine Velazquez is pretty amazing.

OK, now to the rest of the movie. Denzel Washington is Whip, an airline pilot with years and years of experience, not just flying but partying really hard. He's a functional addict. While some people can smoke weed every day and still function in society, a lot of people (the majority) can't hang like that. Whip's problem is that it's just not weed, he's an alkie cokehead. He needs to abuse substances just to get "normal." His other big problem is that in his last flight he flew a plane that started to fall apart in the sky and he has to revert to some 1-in-a-million tactical moves to somewhat successfully crash land the plane. The media and public immediately see Whip as a hero, but the toxicology report proves Whip was wasted while flying. What follows is the struggle of an addict who with his whole life in turmoil still finds it hard to quit his destructive habits. Director Robert Zemeckis keeps things classy and is obviously a good director, although there's a religious faith theme of good vs. evil that doesn't fully pan out, IMO, and some key scenes are a bit too sweet for my taste. Still, Denzel delivers a strong performance in an engaging enough drama. 7/10 (10/10 for first 5 min.)

Killing Them Softly (2012)
                      I've heard many mixed reactions about Killing Them Softly. Part of that might be because people expected a shoot 'em up crime action thriller but it's actually more of a small, '70s style character study. (The film's overt political tones — the constant images/soundbytes of Obama and McCain, the parallels between organized street crime and corporate greed —have also triggered some negative reactions from some viewers.) Myself, I thought it was a decent film with the acting being the best part about it. The story itself is pretty straightforward, there's no real surprises, which made me feel like they should have fleshed out the main characters a bit more. There's two main scenes involving heroin and a bullet that were sorta botched visually IMO (the computer graphics for the bullet, in particular, seemed so fake it took me out of the movie). Still, I probably liked this more than most people. 7/10

Comment

Working...
                      X