Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a Q - who do you think punches harder in real terms. Calzaghe or Trinidad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a Q - who do you think punches harder in real terms. Calzaghe or Trinidad?

Just a Q, just curious, based on a few things I've read on here over the last few months. Public poll, let's see what we get.
    Calzaghe
    40.58%
    Trinidad
    56.52%
    About even
    2.90%

Obviously Calzaghe. His power was absolutely fearsome. Opponents were often left prone on the ropes completely knocked out e.g., Mandfredo.

Comment

Calzaghe hit harder.. p4p Trinidad

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
        Obviously Calzaghe. His power was absolutely fearsome. Opponents were often left prone on the ropes completely knocked out e.g., Mandfredo.
        But sarcasm aside, what's your answer?

Comment

What do you mean in real terms?

Trinidad's power was only awesome because of Papa Trinidad's surprise. Calzaghe is the bigger man but then again he slaps like a ***** so I don't know.

Comment

Probably Trinidad, I would say, in single shots.

Comment

You have to be on some serious drugs to not pick Trinidad.

Besides the fact that Calslappy doesn't punch let alone punch hard, Trinidad had made a reputation for himself as a puncher.

Comment

See, what made me think of this is reading posters giving Roy credit for beating Tito and saying that it meant something @ 175lbs.

When I'd point out to them (even taking aside Tito coming out of retirement, being shot, etc) that it's the very epitome of "P4P" then they'd go "what's your point? lamo, pwn! Bias Brit! Pwn pwn!"

When Tito fought (sorry, NSBers, I mean faught) Roy @ 175lbs it was clear that he was so far out of his natural weight class that he had zip at the weight. Roy was in there with someone the size of his baby brother. At LHW Tito's punches are nothing, because he's not a light heavyweight.

Now, granted, Calzaghe isn't a massive puncher at LHW (or at SMW towards the end of his career either) but in real terms he's obviously the bigger puncher.

This is why "P4P" exists, and yet people try and apply it to real situations.

The fact that people can't see how P4P is affected when you apply it in realterms is fascinating to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit-Punches View Post
                  Calzaghe hit harder.. p4p Trinidad
                  This is most likely the obvious answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
                    What do you mean in real terms?
                    In reality, totally discarding P4P.

You know, kind of like how Floyd Mayweather is P4P a better boxer than David Tua but if they met in reality Tua would beat him inside a round?

Comment

Working...
                    X