No announcement yet.

Miranda-Pavlik Purse Bid March 12th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baya View Post
    again, you've shown to know nothing about boxing. this is a classic boxer vs. boxer match up
    How do you figure that Miranda is a boxer? He's a brawler, plain and simple. Did you see how crude his jab was in the Green fight? You disappoint me to no end (baya "peeleft: )

Pavlik (the Boxer/Puncher) has shorter, straighter shots so I expect him to counterpunch Miranda fairly often, right between that wiiiiiiiiiiiide right of his. I still think Pavlik will allow himself to get caught by a simple 1-2 a few times too many, tho, and we don't know if he can take the punching power Miranda brings to the ring.

As for them against Taylor, I have to say that they would get caught by his long jab and it would be hard for them to get on the inside where they can do damage to Taylor.

See, now Baya has to disagree with me and say that they'd beat Taylor. Where you at, punk? Come get some

Comment

baya is ******ed this is a boxer puncher (pavlik) vs puncher brawler (pantera)

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera2000 View Post
        July 28th is the date I am also hearing.
        Looking pretty good to be held at the Hard Rock in South Florida.
        Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!
        Me too.....If it is,I will be there.

Comment

I HONESTLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW ANY OF YOU WHO ARE ON THIS PAVLIK BANDWAGON CALL YOURSELFS BOXING FANS!
          Miranda vs Pavlik is a complete and utter mismatch. Pavlik opponents for one you couldn't pick them out of a line up. He hasn't been in the same area code with a decent fighter and has not look that impressive against them. (Pavlik gets hit entirely too much for example) Pavlik is a C+ fighter at best. Miranda's resume on the other hand look even better than Jermaine Taylor's (before he fought Hopkins of course). Thats why I like Miranda so much, so many young fighters are protected better than the president of the U.S. (Cotto, Pavlik, Tony Marg, etc...) There promoter and fans do not demand that there fighter fight an elite fighter. The list goes on. But Miranda has proven he will and wants to fight the best out there.
          IMO his skills are very UNDERRATED (Lennox Lewis kept during the Green-Miranda telecast saying Miranda's skills are limited). How? Did you not see how he slipped punches and kept his right hand up (meaning he did his homework) to mostly avoid Green's power punch his left hook? Miranda has a great jab and was throughly outboxing and outpointing Green who was supposed to be the far superior boxer.
          pavlik will easily get ko'd!
          Last edited by y2flyy; 03-08-2007, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickman949 View Post
            baya is ******ed
            I should put that in my sig. Check it out:

Comment

Originally posted by y2flyy View Post
              i HONESTLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW ANY OF YOU WHO ARE ON THIS PAVLIK BANDWAGON CALL YOURSELFS BOXING FANS!
              Miranda vs Pavlik is a complete and utter mismatch. Pavlik opponents for one you couldn't pick them out of a line up. He hasn't been in the same area code with a decent fighter and has not look that impressive against them. Pavlik is a C+ fighter at best. Miranda's resume on the other hand look even better than Jermaine Taylor's (before he fought Hopkins of course). Thats why I like Miranda so much, so many young fighters are protected better than the president of the U.S. (Cotto, Pavlik, Tony Marg, etc...) There promoter and fans do not demand that there fighter fight an elite fighter. The list goes on. But Miranda has proven he will and wants to fight the best out there.
              IMO his skils are very UNDERRATED (Lennox Lewis kept during the Green-Miranda telecast saying Miranda's skills are limited). How? Did you not see how he slipped punches and kept his right hand up (meaning he did his homework) to mostly avoid Green's power punch his left hook? Miranda has a great jab and was throughly outboxing and outpointing Green who was supposed to be the far superior boxer.
              pavlik will easily get ko'd!
              I don't totally agree with you on you rating of Pavlik but love the rest of you post.Miranda had good head movement,blocked many of Greens punches and used his jab quite well at times during that fight......he is getting better every fight.

Comment

If Pavlik at this point is at least a halfway elite fighter why hasn't he fought someone with a pulse in 30 fights!!!!
                Meanwhile Miranda damn near kills Green who came from two divisons up a much bigger guy than he was and also has huge power.
                I hate when guys like Pavlik who hasnt even fought someone who is a good sparing partner. someone with ANY boxing skills. gets rated to have even a remote chance against proven ELITE fighters like Miranda and Jermaine taylor.
                And to top it off Pavlik doesnt look THAT good. he has a good straight right hand but hasnt been MIKE tysoning ANYBODY? Why do ppl feel he can even come close to touching Miranda????

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
                  "The WBC would like to congratulate Edison Miranda for his victory this past Saturday in Puerto Rico.

The WBC is confirming March 12th as the date for the purse offer of the WBC final elimination bout between Kelly Pavlik and Edison Miranda.

The WBC has approved a voluntary defense of WBC middleweight champion Jermaine Taylor while this final elimination bout takes place to then proceed with his mandatory title defense."

Looks like the winner is going to be guaranteed next crack at Taylor after Mora...

Oh ****, immediately? Damn Soliman must be broke and needs a lot of cash impronto.

Anyway kidding aside, this is a very good fight. I'll be rooting for Miranda because I want to see him fight Taylor.

Of course Taylor is my boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickman949 View Post
                    I found Kelly Pavlik on myspace and his friends that commented on there were calling Miranda a "tune-up" fight. So I asked him about it.

He doesn't think much of Miranda. I'm sure that will change after takes a right hand from him.
                    Pavlik needs to realize Miranda has fought the much better opposition. Pavlik has been looking good against nobodies while Miranda went to Germany to fight Abraham and should have gotten the victory. Allan Green and Howard Eastman are also better than anyone Pavlik has ever faced...

Comment

Damn, Pavlik-Miranda would have been an awesome undercard for Cotto-Zab on MSG...

Comment

Working...
                      X