Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Different Would it Be if Tyson would Have Beaten Danny Williams?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.B.moneY. View Post
    It may have been a money maker for boxing to have vitali ko a past his prime tyson....but i dont think it changes the outcome of what the division has become today...you imagine what the klit nuthuggers would say if vitali had a win over tyson on his resume....it would be horrendous in the forums.
    forget the nuthuggers theres no point in fighting them. But if u think about it when Tyson was in his prime he opponents were any better than Vitali's.

Lennox Lewis was beating real good fighter (Holyfield, Morrison,Briggs etc.) but people didnt embrace him until he beat Tyson.

And Tyson was beating guys like Botha, Savarese, and Brian Nielson, but he was still on top

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
      I hear what you are saying: Champions of the past always had a washed-up or past prime legend or a once lineal recognized Champion to defeat to get the public's attention.

Reason why Lewis fought Tyson as well as Holyfield; reason why Holyfield fought Foreman and Tyson (although Holy was supposed to be past it as well); Tyson fought Holmes; Holmes fought Ali; Ali fought...Liston although not a shot fighter but some would say past his best and Ali had no choice given Liston was Champ; Marciano fought Louis; Louis fought Baer; Willard fought Johnson (who was Champ but past it).

Vitali had his chance against Lewis but lost. It would have been big had he won the fight even though Lewis was past his prime.
      wow great point, to think boxing could still be on people's mind if not for a twist of a knee or scrape of a glove in Vitali eye

Comment

I'm tired of hearing boxing is in a rut. The past few years have seen great matchups in boxing. Boxing was in a rut 4-5 years ago, but not anymore. Seems like every week a great fight is being anounced and made. Just refuse to watch any heavyweight fights and you'll see what I mean.

That being said, I don't think Tyson beating Williams would have made any difference. The heavyweight division is garbage.

Comment

The hevyweight division was garbge when tyson was king but people didnt complain.

Comment

Working...
          X