Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Froch Doesn't Fight Degale It's The Same As When Calzaghe Didn't Fight Him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many people were writing DeGale off as a tomato can before his win at the weekend, and Groves was being talked up at the next big thing at SMW.

Now people are claiming that DeGale would school Froch & is being ducked. It's funny how things in boxing change so quickly.

Comment

There will always be someone in the mandatory position he can't fight everyone. Froch fought the fighter considered by most as the best British challenger.

Comment

Originally posted by HateBoxing View Post
        if froch didnt fight groves then it would be like calzaghe not fighting froch
        Exactly, froch has already stopped twice the youngster that beat degale.. Froch can go fight another big name now, and degale can go fight bika, Abraham, etc

Comment

Originally posted by MBE View Post
          No it's not because carl has just given a shot to the best young fighter in Britain, not once but twice. Calzaghe didn't do that.

Froch has nothing to prove by doing it again.
          Enough said.

Comment

I wonder how they're going to work this out because it's hard to see Froch vacating.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
              Many people were writing DeGale off as a tomato can before his win at the weekend, and Groves was being talked up at the next big thing at SMW.

Now people are claiming that DeGale would school Froch & is being ducked. It's funny how things in boxing change so quickly.
              Welcome to NSB.

I remembering reading, after the first fight, that Groves would KO Ward. Now, according to some posters here, he's a 'bum', a 'tomato can' and 'domestic-level fighter'.

Ridiculous, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                I wonder how they're going to work this out because it's hard to see Froch vacating.
                It will definitely be interesting to see how it plays out.

If DeGale is hellbent on a title shot, i'm sure Hearn could arrange something with Bika. That said, it would be a difficult fight and probably isn't a commercial stand alone fight.

Similarly, if Froch heads to Vegas for Chavez Jr, what does Kessler do?

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  Welcome to NSB.

I remembering reading, after the first fight, that Groves would KO Ward. Now, according to some posters here, he's a 'bum', a 'tomato can' and 'domestic-level fighter'.

Ridiculous, eh?
                  Indeed. If ward fought groves and were to beat him it would be the best name on his resume, bar froch, still.

Comment

Other than both fighting out of the UK I don't think you could find two more opposite fighters than Froch and Calz. Style, career, nothing.

Comment

Carl can do what he wants, it's no where near the same as when Chalzaghe didn't fight him. Froch has faced waaaayyy better competition than Calzaghe back to back, so if he wants the bright lights of Vegas and a big payday, which he deserves, then go for it I say, **** DeGale!

Comment

Working...
                      X