No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Reflects, Claims Arum Didn't Believe in Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
    I think if floyd took a step back and was honest with himself it would be hard for anyone to believe he would be the cash cow in boxing in 2006. You can criticize Arum for not being willing to market to the african american community the way he did to the mexican and PR communities but those communities come out to support their fighters so ARum has a right to invest his money where he sees a chance to get the most money in return.

Floyd was very impatient when he was young. He knew not winning the gold cost him both in and out of the ring and he wanted to make it up as fast as he could. I can understand why he wanted the big fights so soon.

In the end, working with Al Haymon, marketing himself to the afrcan american market, and leaving TR all proved to be good business decisions that worked out far more than I think floyd even imagined.
    He was with Top Rank for 11 years and you call that impatient? If you cant get the fights you want after 11 years it's time to move on.

Comment

This clown just had to throw in "at a catch weight" huh???? This guy has no shame. And yeah bobs a fa990t, ill give u that Floyd. Proved him wrong, good for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
        I think if floyd took a step back and was honest with himself it would be hard for anyone to believe he would be the cash cow in boxing in 2006. You can criticize Arum for not being willing to market to the african american community the way he did to the mexican and PR communities but those communities come out to support their fighters so ARum has a right to invest his money where he sees a chance to get the most money in return.

Floyd was very impatient when he was young. He knew not winning the gold cost him both in and out of the ring and he wanted to make it up as fast as he could. I can understand why he wanted the big fights so soon.

In the end, working with Al Haymon, marketing himself to the afrcan american market, and leaving TR all proved to be good business decisions that worked out far more than I think floyd even imagined.
        100% correct. No one could have predicted this. Fortunate steps and being able to market himself in such a way in that he's seen in this larger than life persona. The thing is, those that reach such a stratified air, rarely become dedicated enough to push themselves once they've attained everything humanly possible. That is the fascination that I and many others have of Floyd. He has the net worth of everyone in his gym at any given time and he is the one pushing himself the most. That's why he is where he is. He doesn't halfass his work.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
          He was with Top Rank for 11 years and you call that impatient? If you cant get the fights you want after 11 years it's time to move on.
          Yes, impatient. He wanted to fight the big guys just for the money. He could've been shane Mosley-beat ODH and go no where because you haven't cultivated a fanbase. The Zab and Gatti fights were part of building his base by fighting guys who were proven draws.

I think floyd not getting what he wanted when he wanted turned out better for him in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Gun View Post
            This clown just had to throw in "at a catch weight" huh???? This guy has no shame. And yeah bobs a fa990t, ill give u that Floyd. Proved him wrong, good for you!
            lol yeah, that's what I caught too. How does he have the nerve to talk about catchweights lol.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
              lol yeah, that's what I caught too. How does he have the nerve to talk about catchweights lol.
              It's crazy isn't it?? Dude has no shame what so ever. I literally spat my juice out when I read that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Gun View Post
                It's crazy isn't it?? Dude has no shame what so ever. I literally spat my juice out when I read that.
                Yeah Floyd and his hardcore fan flowmos have no shame, Floyd can get caught with TRT, use catchweights, admit to being a rich scare coward, and just recently admit he was a cherry picker, and they still give him a pass.

This is what they call the entitlement and victim mentality they think they can get away with anything. Its shameless and disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                  Cotto never wanted to put his title on the line at a catch weight he was forced into that or be stripped as far as i can remember. Totally different to the Floyd vs Canelo catch weight as far as im concerned

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    Yeah Floyd and his hardcore fan flowmos have no shame, Floyd can get caught with TRT, use catchweights, admit to being a rich scare coward, and just recently admit he was a cherry picker, and they still give him a pass.

This is what they call the entitlement and victim mentality they think they can get away with anything. Its shameless and disgusting.
                    And what do you think about the sport of boxing and fights happening? You do follow the sport right?

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post

... Short and sweet.

Comment

Working...
                      X