Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's ask Maniac what he thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      I think it would be funny if a mod merged this with that Hitler thread.
      Well I have read of rampant ****sexuality among Hitler's SS.

Comment

I think it's genetic. No way in hell a man is just gonna decide he wants it up the azz.

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
          I think it's genetic. No way in hell a man is just gonna decide he wants it up the azz.
          ive seen it, bro. there are people who cross that line daily. its both.

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
            "do you want this the easy way, or the hard way?"

- Fleece "Booty Warrior" Johnson

Comment

I can answer the OP. As with any contentious or difficult subject the reply is going to be lengthy.

One of the things that almost every gay person has is a straight mother and a straight father. There are exceptions but the vast majority of gay people are born to parents who are not gay, and siblings of gay people also have an overwhelming tendency to be straight as well. What does this tell us? Well for one thing it tells us that a single allele that governs sexual orientation in the same way as the one that governs eye colour for example is unlikely. A "gay gene" is an overly simplistic notion, given the complexities of human sexuality. I would say that anyone suggesting such a thing probably has at best a rudimentary understanding of genetics.

Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
              . Also it said that there is an experiment and it showed that not everybody is completely gay or straight. that we fall in between.
              This is one problem with trying to isolate a gene for "gayness". Human sexuality is complex. Here you're referring to the Kinsey scale, with one end of the scale representing full heterosexuality and the other end full ****sexuality. The reality is that most people fall somewhere along the scale and very few lie fully at either end. So instead of having a strictly delineated gay/straight dichotomy you have a sliding scale of attraction or arousal. And sex-based sexual attraction is only one facet of human sexuality.

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              I think at 6 years old a child has no idea about sexuality and does not make any choices...it just does as it is.
              Here's where it gets more complicated. Trans is not strictly speaking related to sexuality. It's related to what is erroneously referred to as "gender identity" (Gender is only used in terms of language. The biological term is "sex". Which of course is icky. So people say "gender" instead). Transgender is not about who you want to have sex with, it's about who you feel you are as a person, which gender you identify with. It's separate, strictly speaking, from sexuality, but because trans people suffer from the same prejudices as gay people they have been grouped together for societal reasons under the banner LGBT.

There's a lot more to transgender and transsexualism than male-to-female and female-to-male but I would be surprised if any of the bigots on here managed to get any further than thinking transvetites are "gay" so I'll leave it at that.

All this demonstrates that sex and sexuality in humans is not straightforward at all.

So that rules out a simple genetic explanation. What else? Environmental factors. Now this is where bigots think that it means "they choose to be gay" because everyone knows that when faced with a simple choice between being attracted according to socionormative expectations or being made a social pariah, facing a lifetime of abuse and in fact putting yourself in very real danger by choosing something unusual, about 10% will choose the latter.

Note: Environmental factors does not equate to choice.

Environmental factors that I am referring to are embryonic. It's based on the way the brain develops in utero. The environment is the one in which the foetus develops. Now this is one in which manipulation of the environment in animals has produced ****sexual tendencies. And ****sexuality occurs in wild and domestic animals including birds and mammals. So it seems as though there is something to be said for embryonic influence over sexuality.

Finally you have social factors. This is another one the bigots like to mention. They will say things like "His mom made him gay by letting him play with dolls". The absolute stupidity in these sorts of statements is breathtaking. Here's something to consider: ****sexuality seems to affect approximately 10% of the population. This is true in cultures in which ****sexuality is relatively permitted and true in cultures where it carries a death sentence.

So there is an abundance of evidence that sexuality is governed by embryology, slight evidence that there are genetic factors at play and scant evidence of social factors. But there is zero evidence. None. That it is a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                ive seen it, bro. there are people who cross that line daily. its both.
                They just wanna nut. We need a group session for those people before they turn.

Comment

as it pertains to this thread, the parents letting their boy proceed in life as a girl at age 6 was irresponsible, IMO. imagine if kanye west's mom let him do that at 6. you know kanye was one of those crazed effeminate dudes growing up that dressed up in his moms clothes. now he has a interweb **** problem and got that hot armenian whore pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                    "do you want this the easy way, or the hard way?"

- Fleece "Booty Warrior" Johnson
                    "And it was always yes" I'd give you 5 shots of karma if I could for that. Hahaha:clap:

Comment

Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
                      Well I have read of rampant ****sexuality among Hitler's SS.

Comment

Working...
                      X