Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last of Us Official Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just beat it yesterday, amazing game. gonna beat it on survivor mode without using that bullsht hearing sonar thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
      just beat it yesterday, amazing game. gonna beat it on survivor mode without using that bullsht hearing sonar thing.
      Survivor is really hard, especially early. Not so much by the end. They don't give you anything for supplies, you're lucky to have a shiv and a medkit at the same time.

Comment

• I wish they didnt skip 20 years after that awesome beginning scene, i really woulda liked to see how the world goes to sh.it, like in the walking dead game.
        but the game kind of dragged in some parts like on the city, and the story was too simplistic imo.
        But the character development its pretty awesome, i liked how joel and ellie relationship changed gradually, and the ending was really good, kind of like a movie.
        The gameplay was very challenging which is a nice change from resident evil or dead space. I had better success laying some ****e traps and just luring the zombies to a choke point and shooting them as they approach, trying to sneak always got me grabbed by a clicker.

Comment

• Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
          I wish they didnt skip 20 years after that awesome beginning scene, i really woulda liked to see how the world goes to sh.it, like in the walking dead game.
          but the game kind of dragged in some parts like on the city, and the story was too simplistic imo.
          But the character development its pretty awesome, i liked how joel and ellie relationship changed gradually, and the ending was really good, kind of like a movie.
          The gameplay was very challenging which is a nice change from resident evil or dead space. I had better success laying some ****e traps and just luring the zombies to a choke point and shooting them as they approach, trying to sneak always got me grabbed by a clicker.
          Leaves room for sequels and DLC to not show the immediate aftermath. Naughty Dog always makes multiple games, I hope they do for Last of Us as well.

Comment

I wish they didnt skip 20 years after that awesome beginning scene, i really woulda liked to see how the world goes to sh.it, like in the walking dead game.
            There's going to single player DLC. And I reckon it's going to be about what happened in the 20 years since there's so much left out. What started the infection? What happened between Joel and Tommy? Joel's wife? Why did Joel leave Texas and go all the way to Boston? How did he meet Tess and the others in Boston? And also during the game Joel tells Ellie that he joined the bad guys for a while. Why? And why did he leave them?

Comment

I thought the game was easy sneaking was too simple imo games like convection did it better, listening mode felt like a cheat code and poor human AI didn't help buy I did like the combo of Survival horror and stealth also liked Ellie thought she is the only thing that lived up to the hype in the game.
              as far as the intro it was basically a long cutscene if you remember you only had control of Joel for like 5 minutes game was built as linear experience I'm hoping they make it an open world in a sequel since its on the PS4
              Last edited by Phenom; 07-27-2013, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                I thought the game was easy sneaking was too simple imo games like convection did it better, listening mode felt like a cheat code and poor human AI didn't help buy I did like the combo of Survival horror and stealth also liked Ellie thought she is the only thing that lived up to the hype in the game.
                as far as the intro it was basically a long cutscene if you remember you only had control of Joel for like 5 minutes game was built as linear experience I'm hoping they make it an open world in a sequel since its on the PS4
                stealth was too risky, if they found you you were ****ed specially with the clickers cheap insta kill move.
                And i really didnt like ellie, i was hoping the winter guy would rape her.

To me when game developers focus too much on open world they almost always sacrifice the quality of the combat system and gameplay.
                I mean if gta or saints row where linear shooters everyone would crap on them that's how weak the combat system is, same with skyrim.
                Or the game loses its atmosphere, silent hill went open world and instead of scary it become boring and frustrating.
                To me the only really good open world game was ff12, because you can tell they put a lot of effort and time on it.

Comment

stealth was too risky, if they found you you were ****ed specially with the clickers cheap insta kill move.

To me when game developers focus too much on open world they almost always sacrifice the quality of the combat system and gameplay.
                  I mean if gta or saints row where linear shooters everyone would crap on them that's how weak the combat system is, same with skyrim.
                  Or the game loses its atmosphere, silent hill went open world and instead of scary it become boring and frustrating.
                  To me the only really good open world game was ff12, because you can tell they put a lot of effort and time on it.
                  Stealth is pretty much impossible with infected of any kind on Survivor. It's such bull****. The only thing you can sneak past are the Clickers and Bloaters. Anything else sees you no matter what.

Comment

too mean

to be honest the combat gameplay in LoU is not better then GTA or sleeping dogs actually the stealth is alot like in San Anderes except for throwing bottle/brick part

Comment

Working...
                    X