Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deakin responds to critics: "Doctors said I'd never walk"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Deakin responds to critics: "Doctors said I'd never walk"

People who are not involved in the sport often overlook the important role of a ‘journeyman’ in professional boxing. They provide valuable experience to young prospects and give them an insight into professional boxing without throwing them in at the deep end straight away.

If there were no journeymen, numerous young prospects would struggle to get a fight early on in their career and some of them would end up hanging up their gloves due to lack of opportunity. In many ways these journeymen help educate young boxers and are sometimes at the wrong end of controversial decisions. It is not easy being a ‘journeyman’ boxer because they are usually on the road fighting in their opponent’s hometown for minimal pay. [Click Here To Read More]

Thank you for this article, stories like this are what makes boxing different from any other sport and serve to demonstrate the profound impact a sport can have. The Cleveland Browns can go 4-12 season after season and it will always be blamed on lack of talent or good coaching yet in boxing you can't point the finger at anyone but yourself. You are forced to identify your weaknesses and if you can't change them you can at least come to terms with them, making you like Robin said, a more mature individual in the process. Having anger issues I too can attest to the positive effect boxing can have on managing your emotions.

I say keep boxing as long as your health is not impaired Robin, because haters are always going to hate!

"Records are for DJ's". You can tell boxing has instilled a positive mindset on Robin Deakin as a byproduct of being able to do what he loves, regardless of individual fight outcomes. I'm not going to go as far as saying the man is enlightened but Buddha himself would be proud at how Robin has detached himself from the outcome and continues to live his life the way he chooses, enjoying every minute of it, giving his fans excitement in the process of losing.

You're a winner in my book Robin and we should all be so lucky to find our passions in life.

Comment

Working...
    X