Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's more famous?: Mike Tyson or Michael Jordan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted them in the thread

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=365620

Comment

For sure Mike Tyson. When I was young, everyone knew who Tyson was in my family and we didn't even watch boxing (neither did I). Jordan is big but not as big as Tyson.

Tyson gets my vote.

Comment

This is a boxing forum, so of course people are going to say Tyson, but based upon perception alone, you'd think Michael Jordan was a living god. They practically have Michael Jordan shrines in Asia, and people over in the U.S. can still be found camping out for weeks trying to buy dues sneakers.

Comment

Jordan is an absolute legend in America who is known by most casual sports fans around the world. But Tyson is pretty much known by everyone in Europe. Even the elderly know who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
              Jordan is an absolute legend in America who is known by most casual sports fans around the world. But Tyson is pretty much known by everyone in Europe. Even the elderly know who he is.
              I'd be willing to bet a hefty sum that there's less than 5% of Americans who don't know who Michael Jordan is.

I'd bet MJ was bigger in Europe as well. The Jumpman logo is one of the most recognizable logos out there.

Comment

IMO Mike Tyson is one of the most famous men in the world.

Comment

Has to be Mike Tyson. MJ is more of a US Icon. I still always hear Tyson's name pop up quite often, he's pretty much classed as the baddest man on the planet that's probably why! Everyone knows who Tyson is in europe infact alot of people still talk about him today. I find even my nan and grandad of 85 know Tyson.. Im pretty he's more known among the younger generation to, i always hear someone referring to Tyson.no doubt MJ is popular to but not as world wide.
                  Last edited by Uturn; 05-12-2010, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Tyson definitely. Basketball is not huge outside of America.

Comment

Michael Jordan. Let's put it this way; MICHAEL JORDAN IS A FRANCHISE...

Comment

Working...
                      X