Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which party wanted extensive drug testing for Mayweather and Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    it seems like the mayweathers are looking for a way out.
    classic ******* quote

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
      classic ******* quote
      classic *****sexual response

Comment

classic *****sexual response
        You Fail yet again

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
          December 11, 5:57 AM

Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather will undergo extensive testing before their fight as agreed by both fighters. The testing will include several tests rather than just one, and will also use a blood sample as well as urine analysis. Not only this but the samples will be testes at the Olympic testing center.

It isn't clear at this juncture which side of the negotiations is demanding this to be in the contract. Either way though it seems an odd choice of contract clause for either fighter to demand given the accusations Pacquiao has faced recently. Paulie Malignaggi, Kermit Cintron and Floyd Mayweather Sr. have all accused Manny of taking 'special supplements' recently, although of course without any evidence.

If this stipulation was demanded by Golden Boy, and more specifically Floyd Mayweather it sounds like a backhanded accusation from 'Money'. Obviously if Floyd felt that way making an outright accusation would risk the fight calling apart, and he's too smart for that. Of course the thing about steroid use is that timed properly, nearly all performance enhancing drugs can be flushed out of the system before testing.

Athletes in every sport take steroids, and many of them aren't caught for years if at all. Although Olympic testing is a lot more thorough than the standard testing performed by the state athletic commissions for boxing, the system still isn't fool proof. Most steroids can be cycled out of the body before testing takes place, especially if you know when the testing is going to happen. This isn't to say that Manny is taking steroids, because I don't believe he is, but Olympic testing doesn't prove anything either way.

This is probably due to ignorance on my part, but are the newest designer steroids even easy to get hold of in the Philippines anyway? A lot of athletes from developing countries tend to get caught with steroids due to the fact that they are using outdated and old fashioned drugs that can be detected easily using new methods. The newest designer drugs which are harder to detect are generally made in the U.S, and hard to find in most other places.

The only other option about the more extensive testing would be that Manny himself was demanding it to stop the constant accusations. What he would be forgetting there though is that the accusations are probably the result of jealousy and attention seeking from the likes of Cintron or Malignaggi rather than true belief that he uses steroids.

Floyd Sr. also had reason to accuse Manny without necessarily believing what he was saying as well because Manny destroyed a fighter he was training in 2 rounds (Ricky Hatton).

The big reason the accusations seem to keep coming is that Manny struggled against lighter fighters but batters heavier fighters without much trouble. The reason I would suggest this is happening is because the heavier the fighters are that Manny faces, the more of a speed advantage he faces, Where lighter fighters can block and counter more easily, the likes of Hatton or Cotto will get caught more often, and with Pacquiao's power, this means the fights are easier.

The reasoning behind that idea is flawed anyway because if Pacquiao were using performance enhancing drugs then surely he would have been taking them back then as well, not just after he moved up the weight classes.
          There's no need to be naive,right move Floyd.
          Roach trained Tony when Toney was caught using roids.Manny hangs out with Silvester Stallone who is known to use roids.Remember when Stallone was saying 'I feel sorry for Cotto because he's gonna get punished'.What more do people want

Comment

it seems like the mayweathers are looking for a way out.

Looking for a way out of a fight that isnt signed by both fighters???

Comment

Watta waste. Mayweathers demanding a thorough drug test then Floyd will eventually back-out of the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Spider-Silver View Post
                I don't sig bets anymore, waste of time. I always pay my bets anyway
                Vc e Brasileiro?

Comment

Working...
                X