No announcement yet.

Analysis of technique - Alvarez vs Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analysis of technique - Alvarez vs Lara

If anyone is interested in a pre-fight read, then feel free to check out my newest article on Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Erislandy Lara:

http://a-neutral-corner.blogspot.ca/...z-vs-lara.html

Hope you enjoy!

Can't say I agree with the prediction but that's a good write up. Props to you for taking the time to do it. Good job.

Comment

Good job but I think you are underestimating your own statement:

Canelo seems more prone to react to his opponent's rhythm than to create opportunities where he can disrupt them. I know this may sound absurd, but in watching his fights against Shane Mosley, Austin Trout and Floyd Mayweather Jr., Alvarez showed a hidden but discouraging tendency to let his opponent dictate the pace while he countered slowly. His power is certainly a game changer, and he has a keen sense of timing, but a fresh opponent will usually take the first couple of rounds against him.

I think that will be his downfall against an opponent like Lara. Lara is great at setting up his counters by making you throw the punch that he wants you to throw. If Canelo decides to come into this fight, let Lara dictate and react to what Lara does, I don't see how he can win. Such a mental chess game will favor Lara. Canelo needs to apply pressure, work his way inside and disrupt Lara's rhythm to have a chance.

Comment

Great insightful analysis of the fight.

Comment

Jesus Christ that was long but overall it was a good analysis.

Comment

hmmmmfasdfdfasdf

Comment

Working...
            X