Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cain "Goya" Velasquez

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
      And WTF do you mean with "i pick them over Tyson a 100X's" picking what?
      Stronger mentally, more badass, more intimidating. Clearly better fighters.

Clear enough for you?

Tyson is still awesome. Not as awesome or intimidating as Foreman obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
        Stronger mentally, more badass, more intimidating. Clearly better fighters.

Clear enough for you?

Tyson is still awesome. Not as awesome or intimidating as Foreman obviously.
        You don't know what you're talking about. Tyson, Foreman as well as Liston were all 'bullies'. Liston freaking tried blinding his opponent when he was losing for the first time. Then quit as well as in the rematch. Foreman was broken when Ali stood up to him. Was never the same again. Quit the sport soon after that. So don't just put that on Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
          You don't know what you're talking about. Tyson, Foreman as well as Liston were all 'bullies'. Liston freaking tried blinding his opponent when he was losing for the first time. Then quit as well as in the rematch. Foreman was broken when Ali stood up to him. Was never the same again. Quit the sport soon after that. So don't just put that on Tyson.
          So if i say one is mentally stronger than the other, i put that only on one guy?

Who are you to tell me what i should think? To me the men mentioned appears more "badass" than Tyson. For the reasons i mentioned.
          You could try to refute that, but you would get nowhere.

Comment

Big Daddy Cain

Comment

He doesnt need a nickname. Bad man in the cage..

JDS, imo, will test his chin. Cain's chin didnt hold up too well against Kongo for those few seconds in their fight years ago. I think JDS is a better boxer and the best boxer in the division. I reckon he's got a bigger bang in the punch too....

...All said and such, Cain has great wrestling. It all depends whether or not Junior can defend well against the takedowns. Gonzaga couldnt keep him on the floor but Cain and Gonzaga are two very different fighters.

Plus, Cain seems to improve everytime you see him fight. His striking looks better when he fights too.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                So if i say one is mentally stronger than the other, i put that only on one guy?

Who are you to tell me what i should think? To me the men mentioned appears more "badass" than Tyson. For the reasons i mentioned.
                You could try to refute that, but you would get nowhere.
                I already refuted them, partner. lol @ "don't tell me what to think". Then why are you so insisting to force your opinion which cannot be proven with facts?

You said Liston and Foreman were more badass than Tyson because Tyson was a bully type of fighter. Yet both of them were much worse bullies than him. Hell, Tyson took his first asswhooping loss way better than Liston or Foreman did. Liston tried cheating and later quit. Foreman broke and was never the same, soon quit. Tyson still tried to get up to fight while picking up his mouthpiece, and he was whooping ass again right after that loss.

Comment

I already refuted them, partner. lol @ "don't tell me what to think". Then why are you so insisting to force your opinion which cannot be proven with facts?

You're a trollling moron, seriouslly. He wasn't trying to force anything, he was stating it. Seems you have issues with others expressing their opinions.

You said Liston and Foreman were more badass than Tyson because Tyson was a bully type of fighter. Yet both of them were much worse bullies than him. Hell, Tyson took his first asswhooping loss way better than Liston or Foreman did. Liston tried cheating and later quit. Foreman broke and was never the same, soon quit. Tyson still tried to get up to fight while picking up his mouthpiece, and he was whooping ass again right after that loss.
                  Tyson took his first loss from Buster Douglas, Foreman from arguably the greatest heavyweight in history. Can you see the difference? As far as Liston goes...there is no proof, only speculation that he cheated. And he was up and fighting in the rematch when Walcott wrongly stopped the fight, he didn't quit. So why are you ""insisting to force your opinion which cannot be proven with facts"?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    [FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="Navy"]
                    You're a trollling moron, seriouslly. He wasn't trying to force anything, he was stating it. Seems you have issues with others expressing their opinions.
                    U mad? The only moron is you. Have this ya crybaby

Haha what's this, do you stalk me now? I bet you go through my post history just to look me up and start ****. You haven't answered my question in that other thread jabby. so don't get emotional, this isn't about you and don't make every thread about you. I'm not getting into another flame war with you in this section as well. STOP BAITING.

Tyson took his first loss from Buster Douglas, Foreman from arguably the greatest heavyweight in history. Can you see the difference? As far as Liston goes...there is no proof, only speculation that he cheated. And he was up and fighting in the rematch when Walcott wrongly stopped the fight, he didn't quit. So why are you ""insisting to force your opinion which cannot be proven with facts"?
                    What are you talking about? Read. This is about these guys being bullies and the first time they faced a loss. I explained perfectly how Tyson took his first loss much better than either Liston or Foreman, so for someone to say Liston and Foreman were more badass because Tyson was a bully, it obviously is incorrect and flawed. Prime Tyson anyway. If Harry Balls feels that way about post-prison Tyson I don't have much to disagree with.

Comment

Because it is my opinion. Just like some people think one girl is hotter than the other.
                      If you feel more intimidated, or think Tysons aura is more "badass" than Foreman or Liston then feel that way.

You said Liston and Foreman were more badass than Tyson because Tyson was a bully type of fighter. Yet both of them were much worse bullies than him.
                      I never said anything like that. It is YOU who have steered YOUR part of the discussion that way.

Wait, weren't you banned in the history section?

Hell, Tyson took his first asswhooping loss way better than Liston or Foreman did. Liston tried cheating and later quit. Foreman broke and was never the same, soon quit. Tyson still tried to get up to fight while picking up his mouthpiece, and he was whooping ass again right after that loss.
                      Even IF this was true, i don't see how that makes my opinion wrong.
                      Tyson lost because of his mental weakness. Foreman lost because he was an inferior fighter.

And the bottom line is. I think they are more badass than Tyson. Tyson losing to buster douglas compared to foreman losing to Ali has very little to do with that.

Last edited by Barry Halls; 11-11-2011, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X