No announcement yet.

Who beat Cotto worse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Yes... Cotto was VERY tired. Sad that with plaster wraps, Margarito could NOT KO Cotto in 11 rounds. A broken nose and swallowing blood for 9 rounds will have that affect.

When your AVi hero fights a significant fight come talk to me. Until then... shut the fack up.

Comment

Originally posted by Republica View Post
      I rewatched both fights. Manny took Cottos heart sooner than Marg though we must say Tony fought a nver been defeated Cotto...
      Well, Cotto was a shot fighter when he fought Pacquiao. The Margarito fight was much more shocking, because it was a bizarre turn of momentum and such a sudden and brutal display of facial injuries that led up to the 11th round stoppage. Pacquiao beat him badly, but you more or less knew that he would beat him at that point in Cotto's career.

The question of "who beat Cotto worse" is a bit obtuse in the first place. What's the purpose of asking this, other than to brag about how Pacquiao beat Cotto worse than Margarito? Don't really see the point or benefit of posing this question or this poll.

Comment

Both bad beatings, but I would have to say that the one Margarito gave him was worse. did more damage to him mentally and physically. PLUS HE PROBABLY CHEATED TOO.

To make a warrior like cotto kneel to not get hit anymore shows that you did a number on him

Roach prior to Cotto-Pac:

"The big thing right now is, is he the same fighter that he once was since the fight with Margarito? How much did that fight take out of him? He took a lot of punishment in that fight, he hasn't really looked that good since that fight."

Comment

Marg made him quit.

Comment

Margarito took this puto ri****s Y chromosome.

Comment

Cotto ran and then bowed before Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                In this kind of case photos are the thing needed. Stats don't say much when talking about beatdowns.

Margarito:

Pacquiao:

Damn Cotto is a focking warrior for real. I respect him he comes to fight regardless.
                Nah bro, the stats actually favor Manny over MArgi too IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                  Nah bro, the stats actually favor Manny over MArgi too IMO.
                  which means tony busted him up with less punches landed

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                    which means tony busted him up with less punches landed
                    yeah because tony is stronger then manny...

manny can catch you off one of his angles and seriously **** your brain up, but in reality he needs a lot of punches to hurt you. He breaks you down with his punch output. So does Margarito, but Marg is stronger which is why it would take less punches for him to hurt u. Yet, Pac's angles can hurt more then Marg's brute strength at times.

People are going to hate on me for this comment, but I believe that if Floyd threw half of Pac's punch output he would be knocking guys out. But that's his style because he's more of a cautious fighter, and not as fearless, and relentless as Pac. They have different mentality's. Pac wants to destroy you and Mayweather wants to outbox you....

guess I deviated from the thread topic lol
                    Last edited by Hi-Dro; 10-22-2011, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Pacquiao fans will say Pacquiao
                      Floyd fans will say Margarito

lol

Comment

Working...
                      X