Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A good breakdown on the skepticism of GGG from some Mayweather fans.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
    I'm black and I love kovalev. I also rock with ggg, butbi dont think hes fought anyone. I think boxing has truly become an international sport and international fans are used to displaying national pride and backing athletes based on personal allegiances. You can tell true fight fans based on their reasoning behind allegiances and not exclamation points. That being said I like ward over kov lol but would take kov over Stevenson should it ever happen. Judge a fan based on his acumen not his ardor.
    Since we can't root for a team color we root for the color of the skin. We're so used to rooting for team sports and having allegiance to a team.

Comment

whats with all this racial stuff i know black fans of ggg and i know white fans of floyd, i also know blacks who dont like floyd and whites who dont like ggg. and even if some people take sides cause of nationality or race that just shows pride in their people whats wrong with that? never was a problem before

I also heard claims like hbo is racist when 2 of their top 3 promoted fighters most are black (ward, crawford) and roy jones is commentating.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
        whats with all this racial stuff
        Read my sig

Comment

hahahahaha you make me laugh MCC

Comment

From what I've seen in real life is that black boxing fans prefer resume and substance over flash and KO power. But they also have their racial biases too. I know a guy at work whose favorite fighter is Adrien Broner but he's a huge Mayweather fan too. He hates Pacquiao, Kovalev, GGG, Canelo etc. I asked him why he hates Pacquiao so much, even after Floyd already beat him. His answer was simply "because he's ******ed". To me that's not a real answer but whatever.

Comment

BTW can't watch the video, the audio is too ****ty to sit through.

Comment

It comes down to one simple thing with Golovkin. He hasn't earned the status his nuthuggers and casuals are giving him. He hasn't earned a top 5 P4P spot and he definitely hasn't earned being called an ATG.

Comment

There's no racism against GGG, the problem a lot of fans are having with GGG is the hype to actual in ring accomplishments ratio, this rubs a lot of people the wrong way especially when it comes from people that criticized fighters who accomplished 100 times more than what GGG has accomplished.

People contradicting themselves like that is the main problem and a lot of people automatically assume that this contradiction is based on race, which has a long history in this country especially in boxing. Bottom line: u can't criticize a Mayweather or a Roy Jones or a Pacquiao for their opposition and praise GGG for his opponent selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    It comes down to one simple thing with Golovkin. He hasn't earned the status his nuthuggers and casuals are giving him. He hasn't earned a top 5 P4P spot and he definitely hasn't earned being called an ATG.
                    You just get to have an unlimited amount of excuses to hate on GGG, have you not?

Real boxing fans couldnt care less what other people think, we just dislike dishonesty and lies in general.

The boxing Media, basically every unbiased trainer out there, all the ranking sites have GGG in the Top 5 P4P. I think you have to deal with it and not use general opinions to excuse your hatred.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                      You just get to have an unlimited amount of excuses to hate on GGG, have you not?

Real boxing fans couldnt care less what other people think, we just dislike dishonesty and lies in general.

The boxing Media, basically every unbiased trainer out there, all the ranking sites have GGG in the Top 5 P4P. I think you have to deal with it and not use general opinions to excuse your hatred.
                      You care, you defend him every day. You aren't a real boxing fan by your own logic. Congrats ******.

Comment

Working...
                      X