No announcement yet.

Just Watched Garcia-Judah Fight Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Watched Garcia-Judah Fight Again

The first thing that comes to mind is how slick and durable Zab remains even past his prime. He boxes nicely, has lots of heart and exploits his south paw well.
    The second one is how easy it was for Zab to land on Garcia, and how close he came to KO Garcia in round 10.
    Comparing this fight to the Matthysse-Judah I think both Garcia and Matthysse won by points (even if Lucas lost to the judges) , but a less experienced Matthysse still managed to dominate more and get hurt less by a younger, closer to his prime Judah.
    Given that this was Garcia's last fight and just a few weeks away from the big fight with Matthysse, Garcia looks easy to hit, with heart, but not particualrly skilled or crafty. Its more about him taking punches and landing his own, and bascially relying on his power. On the other hand Matthysse's power is on another level, so is his chin and andurance and stamina for all 12 rounds.
    I guess I'm stating the obvious here and these are the reasons why Matthysse is favorite. It should be a good fight though. I think Peterson was a better fighter, but it should still be a competitive and fun fight to watch.
    Thoughts? (other than ******ed trolling please)

Garcia has the ability to adapt so I would not read too much into his performance aganst Judah. He is very aware that Mattysse has power and I don't see him being as open to be tagged as he was in the Judah fight. I think it is going to be a close fight where Garcia may surprise many how well he does.

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
      The first thing that comes to mind is how slick and durable Zab remains even past his prime. He boxes nicely, has lots of heart and exploits his south paw well.
      The second one is how easy it was for Zab to land on Garcia, and how close he came to KO Garcia in round 10.
      Comparing this fight to the Matthysse-Judah I think both Garcia and Matthysse won by points (even if Lucas lost to the judges) , but a less experienced Matthysse still managed to dominate more and get hurt less by a younger, closer to his prime Judah.
      Given that this was Garcia's last fight and just a few weeks away from the big fight with Matthysse, Garcia looks easy to hit, with heart, but not particualrly skilled or crafty. Its more about him taking punches and landing his own, and bascially relying on his power. On the other hand Matthysse's power is on another level, so is his chin and andurance and stamina for all 12 rounds.
      I guess I'm stating the obvious here and these are the reasons why Matthysse is favorite. It should be a good fight though. I think Peterson was a better fighter, but it should still be a competitive and fun fight to watch.
      Thoughts? (other than ******ed trolling please)
      Your all on Matthysse' nuts. We get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
        Garcia has the ability to adapt so I would not read too much into his performance aganst Judah. He is very aware that Mattysse has power and I don't see him being as open to be tagged as he was in the Judah fight. I think it is going to be a close fight where Garcia may surprise many how well he does.
        Its boxing and anything can happen as always, but you think Garcia can improve his game so much form one fight to the next?
        Being aware of a boxers power and being good enough to avoid it are two different things. Peterson said he was aware of Matthysse's power, but that power didnt matter when you're not there to be hit, and he was planning on not getting hit. He managed to do that for two minutes, but by the end of round 1 he was already getting hurt.
        I'm sure Garcia's plan was not getting hit any more after Judah hurt him in round 10, but I didnt see him finding a way to do that. in round 11 and 12.

Originally posted by DwightMare View Post
        Your all on Matthysse' nuts. We get it.
        And the no trolls please part was completely wasted on you. Good luck with your **** issues.

Comment

I'm still surprised Judah manned up and made a comeback late. He seemed willing to take the beating for most of that fight. Garcia's right to the body looked like it was sapping all of Judah's will away.

Comment

Closer to his prime? Judah been done for many years now. They fought pretty much the same version of Judah. Only difference Matthyse has improved since that fight and should beat Garcia. Matthyse is being extrememly overhyped at the moment but he should beat Garcia who is very overrated. Garcia is very beatable and only has a puncher's chance.

Comment

Its boxing and anything can happen as always, but you think Garcia can improve his game so much form one fight to the next?
              Being aware of a boxers power and being good enough to avoid it are two different things. Peterson said he was aware of Matthysse's power, but that power didnt matter when you're not there to be hit, and he was planning on not getting hit. He managed to do that for two minutes, but by the end of round 1 he was already getting hurt.
              I'm sure Garcia's plan was not getting hit any more after Judah hurt him in round 10, but I didnt see him finding a way to do that. in round 11 and 12.

And the no trolls please part was completely wasted on you. Good luck with your **** issues.
              Another guy underestimating danny. Look here, Peterson was aware of Matt power but when he got pressured he engaged in a brawl with Matt rather than proceeding to back up. He had to fight lucas off and what sucked for him was his lack of power. Once lucas Matt feels Danny's power he will not be as tempted to throw wild punches. Another thing bro, don't look in to that zab fight too much, zabs a southpaw which automatically meant no left hooks for my man swift. He basically fought him with his right hand. I cannot wait for sept 14, danny will prove himself.

Comment

I gave Garcia no chance against Khan going into their fight.But as the fight progressed I could see that Garcia was working Khan out and adapting. His biggest strength is adapting to his opponent so it is not so much improving but doing something he does already adapting. A lot will depend on how they can take and cope with eachother's heavy shots. If Garcia can stand up to Mattysse's heavy blows I can see him winning. That is the big ?????

Comment

Judah hit both of them easily. He was just more focused for the Garcia fight. Maybe a result of all the smack talking Garcia's father was doing. Garcia was ready for almost everything Judah had. He definitely did his homework for that fight. That's why I give a very very slight edge against Matthysse. Let's assume that power and skills are about the same. Garcia seem to have the ability to think in the ring even when things are rough for him. Against Khan and Morales (1st fight), Garcia had to think and make adjustments. He was getting tagged by both of them but he remained focused, relaxed, and pulled off the wins.

Comment

that fight was closer than the score cards made it seem...Garcia throws every punch like he's pitching..he's very hittable...nd lucus punches are a lil more compact...but we don't know how the machine will respond when he gets hit nd hurt..I just don't c him blasting out Garcia like he did Peterson...Garcia isnt a boxer..he's gonna fight in the trenches...I see it dead even

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X