Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fantasy match up @154 Fernando Vargas vs Canelo Alvarez Who do YOU got??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tredh View Post
    No disrespect TS but this a question that didn't need to be asked. I could see if asked about Margarito or Kermit Citron but Vargas come on man!!!
    you read my mind i was goin to do a pre-cintron margarito vs canelo but then you got these people whom woulda said "a margarito without loaded gloves blaah blah blah and the whole fifth degree" me personally i think vargas vs canelo would be a hell of a fight...

an does the kid gotta be 60-0 before he fights someone with a breathing pulse???

Comment

Originally posted by nm2tx32 View Post
      well then feel free to educate me??? who wins this and how good sir????

excuse me didnt know the thread has been made before my bad
      Sure thing. Let's start with size. Vargas was an absolute monster at 154. At the very least 5-10. More like 5-11 damn near close to 6 foot. If you were to go back & look at Vargas Tito he was actually outboxing the great Tito in the middle rounds. He was a solid boxer, very good skill with murderous punching power.

Now looking at ginger, he is about 5-8 at most. Not much bigger than Cotto. He has no head movement & is rather easy to hit. His handspeed isn't nothing to brag about & the jury is out on his power. Josesito hit him, an 80 year old Mosley hit him. He has stamina issues & to date hasn't fought anyone in his weight class that didn't have a doctored up ranking.

Vargas beat Quartey & Winky Wright who alone destroys ginger's 41 fights with room to spare. The quality of oponent before Vargas Tito is astoundingly 1 sided. Vargas had decent defense, controlled range well & could punch with the best of them. His jab was heavy, he picked off shots with his gloves & applied smart pressure.

I'd be surprised if ginger made it past round 4. If Vargas had ginger's resume he'd be undefeated with all by ko (probably) & taken less damge.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Sure thing. Let's start with size. Vargas was an absolute monster at 154. At the very least 5-10. More like 5-11 damn near close to 6 foot. If you were to go back & look at Vargas Tito he was actually outboxing the great Tito in the middle rounds. He was a solid boxer, very good skill with murderous punching power.

Now looking at ginger, he is about 5-8 at most. Not much bigger than Cotto. He has no head movement & is rather easy to hit. His handspeed isn't nothing to brag about & the jury is out on his power. Josesito hit him, an 80 year old Mosley hit him. He has stamina issues & to date hasn't fought anyone in his weight class that didn't have a doctored up ranking.

Vargas beat Quartey & Winky Wright who alone destroys ginger's 41 fights with room to spare. The quality of oponent before Vargas Tito is astoundingly 1 sided. Vargas had decent defense, controlled range well & could punch with the best of them. His jab was heavy, he picked off shots with his gloves & applied smart pressure.

I'd be surprised if ginger made it past round 4. If Vargas had ginger's resume he'd be undefeated with all by ko (probably) & taken less damge.
        Agree with almost everything but the bolded is just false. Vargas had solid pop, not murderous by any means.

Comment

Vargas had very solid punching power. murderous would be Tito.

Comment

Another thread that makes it obvious how long the posters have followed the sport closely...

Comment

I think Vargas would have easily out boxed Canelo, especially early, but I do think that Canelo would have his moments. Canelo has thudding power, and power that wears fighters down. I do think that both would probably knock each other down, but that Vargas would win a lopsided decision. Something like 8-4 or 9-3.

Comment

A pre Trinidad Vargas would easily beat Canelo, He would outbox him then knock him out in the middle rounds..

Comment

Vargas fought great fighters.

Canelo has fought who?

Comment

Working...
                  X