No announcement yet.

Would Froch beat Ward in a UK rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    Slight difference between fighting in AC and fighting in front of a rabid Nottingham crowd cheering Froch's every punch wouldn't you say?

I think Ward probably wins regardless but it's definitely going to be a tougher fight in the UK (or Denmark for Kessler).
    Well, my friend, you're making an entirely different point. You're a true fan who just wants to see the fight in Froch's backyard. You're not the one screaming that Ward's never been out of his comfort zone unlike other posters. I just disagree that Ward would be affected at all, in the amateurs (Yes, I know it's different) he fought allover the place and that was before he matured into an experienced pro boxer. Given the level of a fighter Ward is, and the focus, poise and mental toughness he's shown, I can't picture a louder crowd affecting him, it's going to take a helluva lot more then that to throw Ward off his game, and I think that's more or less been proven by now. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Froch beats him, likely by stoppage. If not by stoppage, it'll be a UD
      If you truly believe this, you need to change your moniker from Mathed to Meth head

Comment

Quick update. Froch's promoter, Barry Hearn, said this after the Froch vs Mack fight tonight :

"Carl Froch would beat Andre Ward in the UK."

Just a promoter building up hype, or would Ward crumble under the pressure of being in the lions den for once?

Comment

Working...
        X