No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead[TV]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
    this show is played out and totally unrealistic even in a unrealistic zombie world apocalypse.

how do these people get their food? their water? their supplies?
    They find it... Like they did in the houses, abandoned supermarkets and the prison. Pretty reasonable actually.

how about their ammo?
    It's obviously scavenged.. In the beginning Rick raided the police headquarters, take from other people etc..

what do they do for sex? it looked to me like the blonde babysitter and rick were eyeing each other.
    Have you not had this talk yet?

Comment

• Pretty terrible episode imo but most shows have a few of these every season to build up the story a bit. Rick needs to get his **** together, he always seems to have mental problems or issues with clear decision making. I was a big fan of him but its getting silly now, does this guy question himself when he needs to for a leak and his bladder his exploding? Fix this **** asap, get the new group in which I think they will. Leave his dead wife ****, man was she annoying and his kid is annoying as **** too just give him less to say plus he can't act for ****.

Comment

• REED is schooling these fools that probably prefer to watch shows like Hawaii Five-O and Big Bang Theory.

Comment

• I liked the episode. It's a lot better than last season's where nothing literally happened for 3-4 episodes at a time on the farm. The only thing I found weird is Rick going bugnuts crazy again. Does he go absolutely nuts in the comic book?

I hate that Robert Kirkman is the one making the big decisions on the show despite not being showrunner. I read an Entertainment Weekly article about last night's episode and it was Kirkman giving the answers. Usually the showrunner answers questions about plot and character development. I heard that he's an asshole to deal with when it comes to narrative and character development and that's why Frank Darabont and Glen Mazzara left the production.

Sons of Anarchy showrunner and Glen Mazzara's best friend, Kurt Sutter, said that he respects Kirkman but hates how Kirkman knows absolutely nothing about episodic TV production.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            There's other way's to go. How about finding the cure? Why are they born with the virus now?

I'm not saying not have any human aspect of it but not to nitpick but if the world was now an apocalyptic zombie infested place, there's some things I wouldn't be worried about.

Rick is a little soft and makes some decisions that just make no sense, even before he was going nuts.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good show I just think they could have made it better and scarier. Really go deep into how humanity has broken down, why they are zombies now, along with the relationships they have with each other.

For the record, I'm glad Ricks wife is dead, she got on my nerves. I also thought it was a mistake to kill off Rick's partner, he was the most intriguing part of the show IMO.
            The shows creator says he has no interest in exploring that. He views it as a story of survival and moving forward. He said frankly he thinks the idea is boring and is trying to tell the story from the characters' point of view, and doesn't believe that the characters would be too concerned with what happened and why, just how they are choosing to deal with it.

"I don't find that to be interesting at all," he tells TVGuide.com. "In zombie fiction, you see the outbreak, you see the first days and the craziness in almost every other story told in this realm. I'm very proud of the fact that, for the most part, The Walking Dead has skipped over that part."
            Last edited by RlCKY; 02-12-2013, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
              The shows creator says he has no interest in exploring that. He views it as a story of survival and moving forward. He said frankly he thinks the idea is boring and is trying to tell the story from the characters' point of view, and doesn't believe that the characters would be too concerned with what happened and why, just how they are choosing to deal with it.

"I don't find that to be interesting at all," he tells TVGuide.com. "In zombie fiction, you see the outbreak, you see the first days and the craziness in almost every other story told in this realm. I'm very proud of the fact that, for the most part, The Walking Dead has skipped over that part."
              Well I can see that now. I'm not trying to sound pretentious but that shows the dumbing down of America. It's a good show but god forbid you actually dig deep into things most people would think is boring, which is the problem isn't it?

I hope it keeps moving in the right direction and not into some soap opera. Lost was good for a while then it got completely nuts and I had to stop watching.

Comment

Well I can see that now. I'm not trying to sound pretentious but that shows the dumbing down of America. It's a good show but god forbid you actually dig deep into things most people would think is boring, which is the problem isn't it?

I hope it keeps moving in the right direction and not into some soap opera. Lost was good for a while then it got completely nuts and I had to stop watching.
                Well what could they come up with as being the cause for zombie apocalypse that hasn't already been thought of in the genre?

I have wondered what started all of it and I think it would be cool to know, but again, it's about surviving and I don't think it would be beneficial to the characters to understand why they're in the mess they're in. Ultimately, it doesn't help them. They ARE learning things about the zombies as they move forward, such as how they lose the desire to feed after being unable once an amount of time has passed.

Comment

• I admit I've never watched this before but I've heard its really really good, I want to start from the first episode where can I get it or is it on demand?

Comment

Didn't like the new episode. I thought it was boring and it's going in a direction that is turning this show into a soap opera.

Rick is a b1tch, he can't make decisions anymore. The group needs to murder his punk ass and put the chino in charge.
                    LOL....i dont know man chino was annoying as fk this past episode....so did his girl get raped by the governor because i dont remember that from last season? i know she got stripped down but i may have missed something.....

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                      Pretty terrible episode imo but most shows have a few of these every season to build up the story a bit. Rick needs to get his **** together, he always seems to have mental problems or issues with clear decision making. I was a big fan of him but its getting silly now, does this guy question himself when he needs to for a leak and his bladder his exploding? Fix this **** asap, get the new group in which I think they will. Leave his dead wife ****, man was she annoying and his kid is annoying as **** too just give him less to say plus he can't act for ****.
                      I think he's holding it together, or at least was at one point, as well as you could ask someone who has a large group depending on his leadership for survival. Coupled with the fact that his now dead wife was potentially in love with his friend/partner and that his motherless newborn child may not even be his child. In addition to the malnutrition, dehydration, and day-to-day living situation they have to deal with It's been building up for a while, I'm surprised he didn't put a bullet in his head yet.
                      Last edited by RlCKY; 02-12-2013, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X