Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What lessons should Dirrell take from Pac-Clottey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What lessons should Dirrell take from Pac-Clottey?

Though not identical, there are some stylistic similarities between the two matchups. If I was Dirrell's trainer, I'd be watching the Pac-Clottey fight to see what I could take from it that would help my fighter.

One thing that worked well for Pac was to throw upstairs even when he was unlikely to land, because he knew that Clottey would raise his guard, and this would allow Pac to land a straight left hand to the body that was too fast for Clottey to block in time. This may not work as well for Dirrell though, as he's the taller man here, whereas Pac was the shorter man. Still, I do think that AA is just as open to that tactic as Clottey, and IMO Dirrell has the speed to pull it off.

Anything else?

See though, Clottey is not known for his explosive power like AA and Dirrell is not known to be a big puncher like Pac who throws in volume.

I can see some similarities but to many differences for that to be a good template for Dirrell to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      Though not identical, there are some stylistic similarities between the two matchups. If I was Dirrell's trainer, I'd be watching the Pac-Clottey fight to see what I could take from it that would help my fighter.

One thing that worked well for Pac was to throw upstairs even when he was unlikely to land, because he knew that Clottey would raise his guard, and this would allow Pac to land a straight left hand to the body that was too fast for Clottey to block in time. This may not work as well for Dirrell though, as he's the taller man here, whereas Pac was the shorter man. Still, I do think that AA is just as open to that tactic as Clottey, and IMO Dirrell has the speed to pull it off.

Anything else?
      Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      See though, Clottey is not known for his explosive power like AA and Dirrell is not known to be a big puncher like Pac who throws in volume.

I can see some similarities but to many differences for that to be a good template for Dirrell to use.
      Dirrell has got good speed and i think he might upset abraham

Comment

i don't really see anything that would be useful from pac-clottey besides out work your opponent. but that will be dangerous because abraham won't be a punching bag all night. dirrell should be cautious the whole time because king arthur will try to land bombs.

Comment

Don't be a boring ****.

Comment

I guess...

But Manny got hit pretty clean sometimes by that straight right, something you don't wanna do when fighting Abrahammer.

Comment

The problem for Direll is that if he opens up and trys to keep Abraham shelled up, he will get countered, Direll has to move, he's going to have to run imo.

Comment

Working...
              X