No announcement yet.

More exciting fight Pacquiao vs Hamed OR Trinidad vs Hearns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
    Pac vs Hamed would be a PPV bonanza - and rightly so. But Pac's best wasn't at Hamed's weight. Back then his defence and guard were very sloppy and he relied solely on reflexes (and the ability to take a shot). He also would be without the extra power he has gained since he's moved up the weights. Hamed was put down a few times, but I'm struggling to recall when I actually saw him hurt badly. Mostly it was because of his poor balance overextending after a punch.

I find it hard to believe that anyone lacking a solid defence could beat a prime Hamed (which was around the time of the Steve Robinson title fight). Sooner or later Manny would get tagged and then he'd be in trouble. Sure, he has a good chin - but Hamed was one of the most chilling finishers in modern boxing history. If he got you with time on the clock the fight was usually over.

Of course, Manny is unquestionably the better fighter taken over both careers. But if we're talking about a fight under very specific circumstances the Prince would have the advantage purely because it took Pac several years to develop into being the fully rounded fighter he is and at Hamed's weight he still had a way to go.
    I agree completely with that. Would be a fantastic fight to watch!

(I would give you positive rep but I don't know how to..)

Comment

frazier vs holyfield

Comment

Working...
      X