Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero-Dark Thread: Fellow Insomniacs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero-Dark Thread: Fellow Insomniacs...

I have suffered from insomnia for more than a decade. Nowadays, I actually like it (as strange as that may sound). I am beginning to think better and better in the early, zero-dark, sleep-deprived, hours of the morning. Mental functioning is enhanced and spatial memory registers much more efficiently. "Pieces of the puzzle" of life become much easier to locate and fixture. It's amazing really. That said, I must stress that sleep is so, so important to health--don't stay up unless you can't help it--I wish I could sleep.

In the past, I encountered strange beings, good spirits and bad spirits--even demonic spirits--in these early hours of the day. There have been scary times to be completely honest. The evil spirits, I would invite to fight (because I didn't/don't give a ****), and they always declined to engage it seemed, but not out of fear--I can't explain it really. When, in Iraq, my unit effectively dispatched many insurgent enemy combatants from this world. I knew I lost my ****, when I started to take pictures of these dead enemy combatants with my disposable cameras. I took pictures, but my mind was taking evermore permanent pictures that I still can't get rid of, even after I burned my old hard copies--not nice, the smell of death still comes back.

These visions and scents have become rarer with the passing of time. But, I seem to have developed an involuntary ability to stay up for periods in excess of 54 hours, with no problem whatsoever. Over-the-counter meds help once in a while, but for the most part they can't put me down. A 12 pack of beers doesn't faze me either. I will go to 7 eleven for another 12 soon, it's already 5:50am in Chicago and the sun is up, but this is only the early stretch of this common occurrence. Beers for breakfast are pretty damn good to be honest, though I don't recommend that either.

Well, here I am. The other night, I got to chat with some quality posters from The Scene all morning (you know who you are--bless you). I just got this idea, a while ago, about starting this thread and seeing if there were others like me here. I even plan to start a group on The Scene for Insomniacs at some point, if there are others. Forgive the "mellow-drama," this is just me reaching out for some camaraderie (assistance I guess). It's better to pass the time with good people online than with the thoughts and images that my mind conjures up at times. Be safe you' all.

Last edited by Fistic; 07-07-2013, 06:28 AM.

I'm in the chat just now if you want to hop in.

Comment

Keep writing.

You're good.

Comment

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
        I have suffered from insomnia for more than a decade. Nowadays, I actually like it (as strange as that may sound). I am beginning to think better and better in the early, zero-dark, sleep-deprived, hours of the morning. Mental functioning is enhanced and spatial memory registers much more efficiently. "Pieces of the puzzle" of life become much easier to locate and fixture. It's amazing really. That said, I must stress that sleep is so, so important to health--don't stay up unless you can't help it--I wish I could sleep.

In the past, I encountered strange beings, good spirits and bad spirits--even demonic spirits--in these early hours of the day. There have been scary times to be completely honest. The evil spirits, I would invite to fight (because I didn't/don't give a ****), and they always declined to engage it seemed, but not out of fear--I can't explain it really. When, in Iraq, my unit effectively dispatched many insurgent enemy combatants from this world. I knew I lost my ****, when I started to take pictures of these dead enemy combatants with my disposable cameras. I took pictures, but my mind was taking evermore permanent pictures that I still can't get rid of, even after I burned my old hard copies--not nice, the smell of death still comes back.

These visions and scents have become rarer with the passing of time. But, I seem to have developed an involuntary ability to stay up for periods in excess of 54 hours, with no problem whatsoever. Over-the-counter meds help once in a while, but for the most part they can't put me down. A 12 pack of beers doesn't faze me either. I will go to 7 eleven for another 12 soon, it's already 5:50am in Chicago and the sun is up, but this is only the early stretch of this common occurrence. Beers for breakfast are pretty damn good to be honest, though I don't recommend that either.

Well, here I am. The other night, I got to chat with some quality posters from The Scene all morning (you know who you are--bless you). I just got this idea, a while ago, about starting this thread and seeing if there were others like me here. I even plan to start a group on The Scene for Insomniacs at some point, if there are others. Forgive the "mellow-drama," this is just me reaching out for some camaraderie (assistance I guess). It's better to pass the time with good people online than with the thoughts and images that my mind conjures up at times. Be safe you' all.

Very interesting. Have you seen the X-files episode about soldiers that could not sleep? You sound like one of them. As for the beer, i used to drink all night by myself and go to the gas station to get more beer in the morning. Good times but that part of my life is done with.

Comment

Originally posted by T.Horton View Post
          Keep writing.

You're good.
          Thanks for saying that Tim. See you around.

Comment

Originally posted by Regeza View Post
            Very interesting. Have you seen the X-files episode about soldiers that could not sleep? You sound like one of them. As for the beer, i used to drink all night by myself and go to the gas station to get more beer in the morning. Good times but that part of my life is done with.
            Thanks Regaza. I'm not too familiar with X-Files, but I will look for that episode--sounds very interesting.

I agree with you about the beer and that lifestyle in general. That's just temporary for me really. I'll sort out this sleep issue eventually. Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks for saying that Tim. See you around.
              **** you!!!

Comment

**** you!!!
                Love you too man

Comment

Love you too man
                  I was trying not to gay up the thread.

Comment

I was trying not to gay up the thread.
                    Too late man, I can't help the way I feel about you. I wan't everyone in The Scene to know. Stop ducking my love for you T. Horton. You know you want it

Comment

Working...
                    X