Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far was Mayweather off when he said he felt Vargas could beat Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far was Mayweather off when he said he felt Vargas could beat Khan?

Considering Vargas's win over Lopez, how far off was Mayweather's opinion?

Vargas beating Lopez doesn't mean he could beat Khan, but it does possibly make Vargas very underrated.

Thoughts?

I don't think vargas has the power to hurt khan or the skills to outbox him

Comment

Vargas sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Vargas sucks.
        You don't think he's possibly underrated?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          You don't think he's possibly underrated?
          No. People also need to remember, though Ortiz quit on his stool with the broken jaw, he was winning the fight.

Vargas will be fed to either Bradley or Solomon eventually.

Comment

I thought Lopez beat Vargas that night, but either way, Khan would still beat Vargas. Shows little power and average boxing skills at best. Khan could beat him on athleticism and flurries.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              I thought Lopez beat Vargas that night, but either way, Khan would still beat Vargas. Shows little power and average boxing skills at best. Khan could beat him on athleticism and flurries.
              I thought Lopez was clearly the stronger fighter and possibly squeaked out a victory. It was close. But Vargas is was still declared the winner in a competitive fight.

But if Lopez beats Canelo at 154, I'll be forced to view the Vargas-Lopez fight in a new light as will everyone else.

Ultimately, I agree, I don't really see Vargas beating Khan; even now.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                I thought Lopez was clearly the stronger fighter and possibly squeaked out a victory. It was close. But Vargas is was still declared the winner in a competitive fight.

But if Lopez beats Canelo at 154, I'll be forced to view the Vargas-Lopez fight in a new light as will everyone else.

Ultimately, I agree, I don't really see Vargas beating Khan; even now.
                How? He didnt throw any punches. He started to outbox Vargas, then Vargas just started outpunching him while Lopez threw one or two punches at a time. Clear loss.

Comment

Vergas has no pop or Chin he fights alot like Khan Actually but is less talented Lopez should have won that fight

Comment

Vargas doesn't have the power Garcia has

Comment

Working...
                    X