No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Rips Medical Claims: Eyes Two Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
    Please stop comparing the Marquez that fought Manny at the 147 limit, to the Marquez that fought Mayweather, that made weight by eating everything in sight, drinking his own urine and coming into that fight soft,pudgy, slow and lethargic, compared to one that hired an educated personal trainer, added mass and trained the right way in order to make weight. The comparisons are completely night and day.

The Marquez today is the same Marquez who gave Manny hell the last 3 times they fought and in case you weren't paying attention Floyd TOTALLY DOMINATED Marquez after 2 of those fights. To insinuate that Marquez would have a chance in hell against Mayweather is the clear sign of a hater!!! I guarantee you Mayweather would stop Marquez if they fought again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
      The Marquez today is the same Marquez who gave Manny hell the last 3 times they fought and in case you weren't paying attention Floyd TOTALLY DOMINATED Marquez after 2 of those fights. To insinuate that Marquez would have a chance in hell against Mayweather is the clear sign of a hater!!! I guarantee you Mayweather would stop Marquez if they fought again.
      You have to love Pac fans. Pac gets put to sleep for three minutes by JMM, yet the Pac fans say Manny could still beat Floyd, but they concede Floyd would dominate JMM. Go figure.

Comment

• Paquiao is a catch weight king he cant beat fighters in their weight division or in their prime. he will drain cotto and in a rematch. i said it first remember.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
          He'd get beat. He'd probably put up a better fight but style-wise he doesn't match up well.

That said, Pacquiao would trouble Mayweather more than Marquez would. Styles make fights, kids.
          And doesn't Floyd have the same style as JMM, only better? Both are slick boxers and counter punchers. But Floyd has faster hands, better footwork, superior defense and he hits harder than JMM.

Thus, if styles makes fights, then Floyd has the perfect style to KO Manny even worse that JMM did.

Comment

• Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
            And doesn't Floyd have the same style as JMM, only better?
            No, that's absurd.

Both are slick boxers and counter punchers. But Floyd has faster hands, better footwork, superior defense and he hits harder than JMM.
            Marquez is a technician, but he's not exactly "slick". He's got incredible ring IQ, but he's not like Mayweather unless you like to simply boil fighters down to incredibly vague categories like "counter-puncher", or "brawler". Doing so makes it easier to make dumb triangle theory arguments or to pretend you know the outcome of a fight beforehand, but they're not based in reality.

Marquez is nowhere near as difficult to hit, and he doesn't even really try to be. JMM sacrifices some elusiveness for more trading. This is advantageous in a fight against a guy like Manny, who isn't easily discouraged.

Thus, if styles makes fights, then Floyd has the perfect style to KO Manny even worse that JMM did.
            No. Floyd had the perfect style to KO Hatton, not Pacquiao. But you wouldn't realize that, because apparently Mayweather and Marquez have identical styles as "counter-punchers" and thus you probably lump Pacquiao in the same category as Hatton, too. Right?

As I've said before, I believe Mayweather beats Pacquiao. With that said, I believe that Pacquiao poses a greater threat to Floyd than Marquez does stylistically.

Your last line is a bit absurd. Marquez KO'd Pacquiao in one fight and knocked him down in the same fight. That said, they had fought three times previously and neither of those things had happened. Yet for some reason you act as if that's now bound to be the conclusion to every fight they'll ever have from this point forward.

Your infatuation with Floyd is embarrassing and plain to see. I like all three fighters we're talking about here but I'm not a fanboy, and that's the only reason you are having an argument with me. Because of that difference between you guys and me.
            Last edited by samouraï; 01-05-2013, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
              youre just mad coz finnaly the mexicutioning ended last month after a decade of heartache.. but dont be so comfy , nonito is the mexicuting everyone right now.. just be prepared
              Why is everyone so fixed about who can beat the most Mexicans?? Lol nonito is fighting jap fishermen and old has beens. He is ducking the cuban rigo and mares

Too many Mexican boxers to be picked off

without Mexicans boxing wouldn't be what it is

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Seemed unprofessional for doctors to make such claims without actually giving him an exam, let alone met the guy. I mean maybe Pac should retire maybe he shouldn't, but these docs have no clue.
                Gotta love how EVERYONE wants to get involved with Pacman, from a Protestant preacher to the random who loves to take care of his dog. They all talk to the cameras with a smile...

Comment

• And still that coward Floyd is nowhere to be found. When Marquez koed Pac all these Floyd dick suckers claimed the credit for their boy. LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
                    And doesn't Floyd have the same style as JMM, only better? Both are slick boxers and counter punchers. But Floyd has faster hands, better footwork, superior defense and he hits harder than JMM.

You will never find Floyd inside the ring with Pac. He so scared of his health and must come first.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                      No, that's absurd.

Marquez is a technician, but he's not exactly "slick". He's got incredible ring IQ, but he's not like Mayweather unless you like to simply boil fighters down to incredibly vague categories like "counter-puncher", or "brawler". Doing so makes it easier to make dumb triangle theory arguments or to pretend you know the outcome of a fight beforehand, but they're not based in reality.

Marquez is nowhere near as difficult to hit, and he doesn't even really try to be. JMM sacrifices some elusiveness for more trading. This is advantageous in a fight against a guy like Manny, who isn't easily discouraged.

No. Floyd had the perfect style to KO Hatton, not Pacquiao. But you wouldn't realize that, because apparently Mayweather and Marquez have identical styles as "counter-punchers" and thus you probably lump Pacquiao in the same category as Hatton, too. Right?

As I've said before, I believe Mayweather beats Pacquiao. With that said, I believe that Pacquiao poses a greater threat to Floyd than Marquez does stylistically.

Your last line is a bit absurd. Marquez KO'd Pacquiao in one fight and knocked him down in the same fight. That said, they had fought three times previously and neither of those things had happened. Yet for some reason you act as if that's now bound to be the conclusion to every fight they'll ever have from this point forward.

Your infatuation with Floyd is embarrassing and plain to see. I like all three fighters we're talking about here but I'm not a fanboy, and that's the only reason you are having an argument with me. Because of that difference between you guys and me.
                      The Important Point remains, Roidweather, came up with reasons not to Fight Pac, for the potentially biggest grossing gate, in Boxing History.....WHY???

Comment

Working...
                      X