Clear All

R.I.P. champion.

Comment

****! he didnt get to enjoy the upcoming mega bout. RIP

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
          ****! he didnt get to enjoy the upcoming mega bout. RIP
          Man they dont give a **** about who beats Floyd.

He beat Sugar Ray Robinson!!

R.I.P. Champ

Hopefully they do a salute to Fullmer before May-Pac fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            He seemed sharp in any of the later interviews I saw with him.

He used to tell a great story about when Robinson knocked him out with that spectacular left hook. When he woke up/came to his senses he looked over at Robinson and saw that Ray was jumping up and down as he was celebrating. Fullmer turned to his trainer and asked him "Why the fuck is Ray doing exercises between rounds?" His trainer told him that the ref had counted to 10 and that the fight was over. Fullmer said he didn't remember any of that so he concluded that the count must have been for him.
            I remember seeing this in the Ray Robinson documentary on HBO. What a punch! RIP Champ.

Comment

Hopefully they do a salute to Fullmer before May-Pac fights.
              Agreed. The ring announcer should give a few words.

Gene Fullmer is one of the legends to be remembered forever for his wars with Sugar Ray Robinson.

Rest in Peace, thank you for bringing so much to boxing and the world.

Incredible that Fullmer lived so long after all those battles.

Jake LaMotta is still with us!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                Man they dont give a **** about who beats Floyd.

He beat Sugar Ray Robinson!!
                Quoted for fucking truth.

Rest easy now, Mr. Fullmer, and thank you for your accomplishments.

Comment

Another legend left us. RIP Gene. I read an article where he fought Florentino Fernandez and during the fight he fractured his elbow and continued to fight. During the interview he said that if he opened his mouth during the fight he could have vomited due to a lot of pain.

He won the fight via 15 round split decision.

Comment

RIP Gene Fullmer

Former World Middleweight champion Gene Fullmer died yesterday.

I did make a thread in the history section referring to Gene's death,but it doesn't get near the activity as here.

So if that's against the rules,mods please just delete. But a former great died so I thought people needed to know.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                      Former World Middleweight champion Gene Fullmer died yesterday.

I did make a thread in the history section referring to Gene's death,but it doesn't get near the activity as here.

So if that's against the rules,mods please just delete. But a former great died so I thought people needed to know.
                      Thanks for the information. This should have been on all boxing news sites. R.i.p., Gene!

Comment

Working...
                      X