Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will win 2012 ESPYS Best Fighter Award?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wladimir Klitschko and Nonito Donaire should be in the poll.

Ward hasn't even fought in 2012. Floyd had one sucker-punch win in 2011, and a close fight with a shot opponent in 2012.

Comment

I voted Silva but I have a feeling Jones will win it Mayweather can win this award every time he's nominated one of the UFC guys will in it this year Ward is the least popular on the list its a ESPN award show he has 0 chance of winning

Comment

Jon Jones SHOULD win it, but Floyd might take it. Money talks, he generates crazy revenue for Las Vegas.

Comment

Actually I take that back, Ward/Jones SHOULD win it, but i think Floyd wins.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
            why are they doing this in July?
            Exactly we are only in July in Ward has a huge fight with Dawson coming up

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
              I think Silva is going to win and it should go to him, if not then possibly Jon Jones. I'm not betraying boxing or anything, I'm just not really a boxing fan, only a Pacquiao fan[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]. I mean Andre Ward...really The guys only the best SMW in the world, besides beating the other best SMWs in the world what has he done? And Floyd Mayweather fighting a shot Cotto and sucker punching Ortiz does nothing for me I'd rather had seen Pacquiao fight that same Cotto at a smaller weight. And before you call me butthurt because Pacquiao is not nominated this year, then you'd be right. He hasn't been looking too spectacular lately despite really loosing to Marquez and Bradley.
              I fixed it for you

Comment

as much as I love boxing...IT IS JON JONES HANDS DOWN!

He had a HISTORIC YEAR by MMA STANDARDS...he did not get paid much during that historic run lol but it was impressive!

Comment

I think Jon Jones gonna get it.

Comment

Yeah I have a feeling that sadly the winner will go to a UFC fighter this year. Boxing as been horrible as of late. They (ESPN) did a huge segment on the UFC fight and a tiny little segment on the Klitchkso fight which took place on the same date, and no segment on Nonito Donaire's win.
                    Last edited by Panginoon; 07-10-2012, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
                      Yeah I have a feeling that sadly the winner will go to a UFC fighter this year. Boxing as been horrible as of late. They did a huge segment on the UFC fight and a tiny little segment on the Klitchkso fight which took place on the same date, and no segment on Nonito Donaire's win.
                      this really isn't a respond to your post kid...don't trip out--

what cracks me up with people on here is that they hate floyd so much that they take away his wins over cotto and ortiz despite him winning his 7th and 8th world titles in those fights and the ppv buyrates in those fight which shows how big he is in sports period---doing all of this while remaining unbeaten and being in his mid 30s doing this---

jones jone has had a hell of a run, he could win this...ward also--and silva is silva, but they have nothing on floyd and you people know it---the best fighter award to me is a symbolic award of not only skill, but impact on the fight game, and nobody does this better than floyd mayweather jr...nobody on that list, and no disrespect to them, all highly skilled, thye don't come close to floyd's skill in that ring--they all have different fighting styles but none of them put their skillset together better than floyd and you all know this---

had manny been nominated i feel he would have had excuses made for him like a motherfuker....i don't know hwy manny won in 2011----fighting at catchweights for titles takes steam off of his win imo....

floyd bring the most revenue to his sport and keeps it ahead of other fighting sports, and ortiz and cotto were legit contenders for him---they both held legit titles and floyd beat them both convincingly....cotto wasn't shot, because a shot fighter doesn't hold a title at his weightclass....

floyd deserves this, no doubt...it's not just about his popularity, coz he's not popular at all...he's hated, but he's known because of his aura and that puts him above the rest imo----

Comment

Working...
                      X