No announcement yet.

whos better Ali or Marcianno?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whos better Ali or Marcianno?

who is better off? Rocky marcianno for holding the heavyweight championship without being beaten or Ali for fighting amazing fighters and claiming the titles 3 times?

whats your appionion?

A prime Ali and a prime Marciano?

I think the best reference is the Marciano-Moore fight. Marciano was fighting an Archie that was way past his prime, yet... oh well, the fight is classified as a classic.

While Archie is considered as one of history's biggest punchers (141 career KOs, the most by any fighter in history) and Ali is not, Archie, when he met Marciano, was pretty old and has had tons of fights at Lheavy where he dominated for 9 years and 2 months-- the longest reign in that division and 2nd only to Joe Louis' over-all. His meeting with Marciano was his 176th fight! He was floored by Marciano 5 times, including the last in the 9th when the fight ended. But he got to Marciano too! Marciano went down in the 2nd.

That Moore fight was Rocky's 49th consecutive win, without a single loss, and was his last.

Between Rocky and Ali? I'll pick Ali.

Comment

Ali is to great. Ali found ways to win long past his prime, and fought great opposition. Almost All Marciano's great opponents were over the hill when he fought them

Comment

i love the way marciano fought, but i think ali was more well rounded.

Comment

I am probably the biggest Marciano fan on this forum and I would say Ali was greater and beat the better fighters. I still think the Brockton Blockbuster would have had an excellent chance in a head to head fight, but in terms of accomplishments Ali wins.

Comment

ali for me

Comment

Both were different fighters

Everybody can argue, but you have to focus on the strong points of these two fighters! Without them boxing wouldn't be what it is today. Marciano with his toughness and ability to take a punch still inspires fighters today! And Ali with his great ability athletically and charisma. Both were liked but you can't compare the two it is all specualation if you are to say which one is greatest! They were both great champions, there are great qoutes all over the board, just leave what people think about who was the greatest of all time. we all have our own opinions.

Comment

I would have to say Marciano, but like everyone said, both of them have their strong points, Marciano strong, undefeated as a champion, and determined. While Ali was fast, cocky, and held the belt 3 times. Both were amazing boxers, and molding boxing to what it is today

Comment

I've seen alot of Ali's matches, i've also seen about 10 of Marcianno matches. In my opinion Marcianno couldn't fight in Ali's level

Comment

undefeated, defeated shouldnt matter. let marciano fight all of alis fights up to foreman you still think hed retire undefeated? theyre both great and have their strong points, i just think ali has a lot more of them marciano is definately one of my all time favorite heavyweights, behind joe frazier.

Comment

Working...
                    X