Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Lakers better of having Lamar Odom start?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Lakers better of having Lamar Odom start?

Starting Lamar and bringing in Bynum off the bench?, it seems to me their more versatile when hes on the floor, Bynum and Gasol dont seem to play that well together.

Alot of people on Lakers sites actually blamed the Bynum-Gasol thing on Kobe being a ball hog. They said you guys have the best or one of the best frontcourts in the league, are unstoppable, both guys shoot a high percentage, but both of them combined get less shots than Kobe. I dont watch enough Lakers games to know though. Its probably easier with Lamar because he's more of a willing passer and doesnt care as much about shots so it probably would be better with Bynum off the bench so he can get alot of touches with Kobe out.

The flip side though is that I dont think you guys may matchup as well with the likes of Dallas, Denver, Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando without Bynum starting. It may work against everyone else but you may need the size of Bynum & Gasol together to beat those teams

Comment

They need to bring Ariza back.

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
        They need to bring Ariza back.
        yeah, Ariza sucks ass on his own and I always thought the Rox were fools for paying for him but he's a great fit for the Lakers while Artest doesnt mesh with them and I never liked his game all that much anyways. With that being said, I think you still probably needed an upgrade over Ariza. Its just that Ron Ron wasnt the best option

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          Alot of people on Lakers sites actually blamed the Bynum-Gasol thing on Kobe being a ball hog. They said you guys have the best or one of the best frontcourts in the league, are unstoppable, both guys shoot a high percentage, but both of them combined get less shots than Kobe. I dont watch enough Lakers games to know though. Its probably easier with Lamar because he's more of a willing passer and doesnt care as much about shots so it probably would be better with Bynum off the bench so he can get alot of touches with Kobe out.

The flip side though is that I dont think you guys may matchup as well with the likes of Dallas, Denver, Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando without Bynum starting. It may work against everyone else but you may need the size of Bynum & Gasol together to beat those teams
          The Kobe "ballhog" days are over, hes always dishing out the ball and still manages to drop 30

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            yeah, Ariza sucks ass on his own and I always thought the Rox were fools for paying for him but he's a great fit for the Lakers while Artest doesnt mesh with them and I never liked his game all that much anyways. With that being said, I think you still probably needed an upgrade over Ariza. Its just that Ron Ron wasnt the best option
            Ron has been playing suffocating defense as of late, he killed the spurs last night and checked down carmelo last time they played Denver.

Comment

you guys need to let go of the Ariza thing

Comment

Originally posted by gancho_al_igado View Post
                Ron has been playing suffocating defense as of late, he killed the spurs last night and checked down carmelo last time they played Denver.
                ok then cool. I was just listening to Legler or one of those guys who said that the Artest thing has hurt and you guys were better last year. RealGM is where I saw the Lakers fans getting on Kobe alot and some of them were die hard Kobe fans who always take up for him. This wasnt other teams fans talking smack. They were Laker fans and the majority of them did blame it on Kobe. Ill try to pull some of it

Comment

here is one thread

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...?f=19&t=995983

Comment

Originally posted by gancho_al_igado View Post

exactly...Ron's value will be evident when the playoff start and you see a fresher Kobe that didnt have to guard everyone lighting it up

Comment

Working...
                    X