No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Is Overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    he shut off pacs offense? pac still landed the much cleaner punches so how did he do that? because he didn't get hit as much as pac hit margarito that means he deserved to win? lmao thats not how you score fights. fights are scored based on what the fighters do to each other and it was pac landing clean punches and not floyd. should have ast least 2 losses to pac and castillo but thats still very impressive to only have 2 losses in a career.

mosley was almost 40 and clearly well past it. 1 good win in what 5 years? hatton was terrible at welter, cotto 5 years too late, hoya well past it, etc...good fighter but overrated for sure
    Some interesting theories there Dag.

Hatton had only had one fight at 147, and he'd beaten the champion. Close, hard fight, but Collazo isn't exactly a pushover. Not exactly 'terrible'.

Mosley, in the 5 years leading up the Floyd fight, had fought 5 champions and two top contenders. He beat four of those champions, Vargas twice, both contenders and lost only a very close fight to Cotto. He also happened to be coming off the biggest win of his entire career alongside Oscar.

Fought Cotto 5 years too late? So you also discount Pac's win over Cotto?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
      JMM thinks Mayweather is better which is why he picked Mayweather to beat Pacquiao.

As far as i can remember all fighters that had been in the ring with both said Mayweather was the better fighter.
      I think you've got selective memory.
      Miguel cittio picked PAC to beat Floyd and said Floyd ducked poac for so long as he knew PAC would beat him. Jmm said pac is best of this era august 2016 issue ri ng mag
      Last edited by hugh grant; 08-16-2016, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Why can't people use the correct words to convey what they mean?

Floyd is overrated from a textbook stand point....He makes all the same mistakes Ali made with the pulling straight out with his chin up and other such things... Floyd is just fast enough to get away with it.

But overrated as a fighter? Not a fu(king chance...Probably the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          I think you've got selective memory.
          Miguel cittio picked PAC to beat Floyd and said Floyd ducked poac for so long as he knew PAC would beat him. Jmm said pac is best of this era august 2016 issue ri ng mag
          Cotto was asked but didn't pick a winner (because Roach was training him), link to otherwise? Freddie Roach said Mayweather is the best of the era.

Comment

I don't think Mayweather is overrated in terms of skills at all, but I do think his resume is pretty overrated. He fought the vast majority of his best opponents at the most convenient times for him to have the easiest time against them. With the exception of Corrales, Hatton & Canelo when did he fight a top fighter in their prime?

Comment

This is a legit top three dumbest ****ing thread I have ever seen on this board. Congrats OP that is hard to do.

Comment

For those who don't understand what they're watching, I can easily understand why he's overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                  For those who don't understand what they're watching, I can easily understand why he's overrated.
                  Yeah, it's fans who think moving and using reach is easy and anyone can do it. They don't understand why Mayweather is so good at using his reach or how he utilizes his reflexes. Which is literally all down to intelligence.

Comment

5 star thread. Originality at its finest. A genuine discussion on a topic that's never been discussed before. Ever.

Would browse again.

BRB. I'm heading to the NBA forums to make a LeBron vs. Jordan thread.

Fucking inspired, I am.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
                      I don't think Mayweather is overrated in terms of skills at all, but I do think his resume is pretty overrated. He fought the vast majority of his best opponents at the most convenient times for him to have the easiest time against them. With the exception of Corrales, Hatton & Canelo when did he fight a top fighter in their prime?
                      Mayweather's opponents most of the time were coming off big wins, whereas Pacquiao's opponents were coming off recent losses. FACTS.

Comment

Working...
                      X